Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD!!!! >

Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD!!!!

Old 10-26-2003, 08:16 PM

Default Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD!!!!

That is what you ASAT guys have to do.

Today I ordered the ASAT Ultimate 3-D Leafy suit, a Bucksuede ASAT logo hat and the ASAT Jersey dot gloves.

I didn' t check on the whole supply thing, because I don' t really care when I get it, as long as I do get it. I hope that it comes this week sometime, but, if it doesn' t, I still have lots of times to use it this year

Whenever I do get it, I will be doing tests like what Matt did. I plan on comparing it to.....

Realtree HD Hardwoods Green
Mossy Oak Break-Up
Tre-Bark
Leafy Wear (some no name camo that I have had okay success with)
military bdu camo
Cabelas Seclusion 3-D
Old 10-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD!!!!

looking forward to it as long as it' s done inpartial.

the last one that i saw was pretty even between 2 or 3 camo' s.

i think mossy oak, predator, and skyline did really good but was over shadowed by people saying that asat was clearly better.

but looking forward to it none the less.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had ANOTHER honest " Looking through" me experience yesterday..........I had a big mature doe and her 2 little ones come off a corn field in the AM and my wind was right at her. I mean dead up her nose.......
She could smell " Something" not right but it wasn' t enough alone to spook her.
She just kept sniffing with her head tilted........tilted RIGHT AT ME hanging out there like a dirty shirt. Again no tree behind me as she was to the side of my stand and nothing between us.
She was just looking for an excuse to get out of there but just could not see me.

I was thinking " There is NO WAY she doesn' t see my big arse standing here, NO WAY" .
My scent kept her from coming under the stand , she just kept going back and forth in cirlces from the corn to within 18 yards of me for a good 1/2 hr. but she didn' t get the visual she needed to confirm what she was smelling.
I could have killed her about a dozen times. (The fawns were clueless)
I have complete faith in this stuff.........I just KNOW in my heart that if I was in my Mossy Oak Break Up she' d have been gone. I could actually see her LOOKING for the source of the smell. I felt like saying " I' m right here!"

I plan to do more tests myself in an impartial manner because I want to see just what the heck these deer AREN' T seeing! This stuff really is terrific.

So now you just have to hope Chuck had an XXS in stock and you might have it before the end of the season!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you plan to include treestand pics in your test not just which ever one looks the best on ground level in ground cover. I Look forward to seeing it.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

So now you just have to hope Chuck had an XXS in stock and you might have it before the end of the season!
Matt.
You mean to tell me Jason has grown some[] I could have sworn I seen his order for a xxxs suit
Old 10-26-2003, 09:47 PM

how much does one of these suits cost?
Old 10-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

AKA
the suits start at 129.95 plus shipping
Old 10-26-2003, 10:14 PM

Actually Matt, I now wear just a plain ol XS

Actually, I ordered a large suit, as I like to always wear a few layers underneath! Plus, I want something that I can wear out on the warmer days in rifle season, just throw a orange vest and hat over the ASAT suit, and I will be ready to roll

High Country,

Don' t worry, it will be entirely un-biased. I plan on haveing 4 pics of each camo. 2 ground shots and 2 tree shots. One ground and one tree shot will be with nothing in the way, no limbs, no sticks, no leaves, no grass, just the camo on a natural background. The other two I plan on getting in some brush or atleast having some cover.

I really wanna see how the Cabelas Seclusion 3-D compares to the ASAT. The seclusion 3-D is kind of a ASAT style but it has just a little more detail and coloration, plus it is a little more cluttered. I have seen my buddy wearing the Seclusion 3-D and I have had mixed feelings on it. When we first got set up in the bright day-light, I could pick him out very easily. There was no brush in front of him, but he had almost a full canopy covering his skyline. When the sun started setting though, he became very hard to see.

A.K.A.,

My total cost was $164.85

$129.95 for the ASAT Ultimate Leafy 3-System
$ 17.95 for the ASAT Logo Hunters BuckSuede Ball Cap
$ 4.95 for the ASAT Lightweight MicroDot Jersey Gloves
$ 12.00 for shipping and handling.

Old 10-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I paid $151 for my XXL suit. That was with shipping.

I can' t wait for it to get here.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely let us know about your experiences with it. Though I cancelled my order for now I definitely could be persuaded into buying some in the near future.