Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shot 4 point   cannot find him. >

shot 4 point cannot find him.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shot 4 point cannot find him.

Old 10-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: shot 4 point cannot find him.

Good luck finding him. Was he heading toward water by any chance after the hit???
Old 10-25-2003, 01:02 AM

GET THEM HOUNDS OF YOURS OUT THEY WILL FIND HIM
Old 10-25-2003, 01:45 AM

Yep. Like cardeer I' d really be thinkin about water especially if it was a liver hit. Is it hilly terain? If so you know it' s almost allways gonna go down hill. I don' t know if your using markers or not but they sure do help. Sometimes you can just look at the markers behind you to get good idea of the direction he' s gone in front of you. Don' t just look for a blood trail look for fresh tracks too. Fresh droppings are a good possibility too, sometimes they take a dump right after a hit.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:14 AM

Can you give more details regarding his reaction to the shot and color of blood that you found? Was it on both sides of the direction of travel?
Good luck finding him.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:32 AM
nub

Find him yet?
Old 10-25-2003, 12:33 PM

keep us posted
Old 10-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bobcat , i really hope you find him, even if the meat has spoiled, you' ll have the rack....the other critters will eat the meat....so it' s not a total loss.....
i think it was 2 weeks ago, i was saying , i don' t understand how you can lose a critter....the next hunt, i was taught how it happened first hand.....almost gave up bow hunting because of it, but i was talked out of it.....i' m just going to take my loss as a learning lesson and do everything in my power not to let it happen again.....please keep us posted....
Old 10-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now I read all the posts and got interested , I' m waiting for the update.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:48 PM

Any Luck?
Old 10-25-2003, 04:48 PM

bad news i did not find my deer. i searced for hours with friends and i even took my little rat terrier. nothing.this realy sucks my second deer with a bow and he gets away.we got on the blood and tracked to the same spot where it stoped and found no more and we made a big round thru this woods. searching we was looking in brush piles anywhere it was thick. the buck did not go over this big hill he went on the side travelin the thick stuff,, no luck. i did the best i can to try to find him.my rat terrier barked and was baying something. i said listen hear guys she has found my deer. so went to see what she was baying,guess what it was a dangum possum. i am realy down wright now , but i will head out in the morning and try to kill me another buck. wish me luck.

go deep hunt hard.

Quick Reply: shot 4 point cannot find him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.