Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Colorado hog hunting >

Colorado hog hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Colorado hog hunting

Old 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Spike

Default Colorado hog hunting

Good afternoon I was told that you guys are the foremost professionals when it come to hog hunting in Colorado so I was hoping you could point me in the right direction on where I can find some to hunt even if you had some phone numbers to some people with private land that allow hog hunting on it. I'm trying to plan a one day trip some time of mid December before the end of the year. Any information you could give me would be a world of help. Thank you very much for your help!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think Colorado had any hogs. You might be better to try Texas, Arkansas, or some southern states.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep Rob they are there. South Eastern part for now and they aren't over run like most of the South and Oklahoma but they are getting to the point of concern. You can night hunt, pretty much anything and you don't need a license either. All year long as well. Most of the population so far has been on private lands and no outfits have been allowed to commercialize hunting them. I don't think they allow running them with dogs. Can't even run rabbits with dogs in CO (absolutely retarded rule) but pretty much anything else goes. Oh and no baiting!

As far as contacts, since they don't allow commercialization, contacts are few and far between.