Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I' m selfish.... >

I' m selfish....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I' m selfish....

Old 10-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I' m selfish....

So I' m sitting in my tree... deer everywhere. I had them pass by me in 3 directions all morning. Had a couple bed right close by. All was at peace in the forrest.[:-] THis one little 5 point went by me twice. Both times he' s just worrying the devil out of this one doe and she isn' t having any of it. I figure they' re good lure for " THE BIG ONE" . Yeah, right... whatever.

So what' s selfish about that you ask? Well, Len and I were at opposite ends of this 300 acre parcel. We' d agreed to come out around 9 or 9:30. So Len calls and says, where are you. " I' m in a tree watching deer right now about 50 yards away" . Len, " well I shot two" . Me,... " errrr ...ahhhh e....eerrrrr.... you don' t need any help...do YOU!!!! Congrats for to you." Len, " OK, I can handle it" . Me: " ok, I' m going to sit until about 10:00?" [&o] So I sat in the tree while Len grunted and groaned. I know it was selfish, but Gee whilikers... there were deer all around.[&:][8D]

So don' t feel sorry for Len to much. He didn' t have to grunt too hard.(if you get my meaning) In fact... maybe not at all. That' s #12 and #13 for him this year with the bow. I saw 12... he saw 13. I wonder how many deer there are in that woods? Well, there are 2 less. Nice to see a little chasing going on.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I' m selfish....

Congrats to your friend, but I still don' t see the point in shooting 12 or 13 deer in one year.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, congrats to Len.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:02 PM

So you have all these deer around but Len is the only one dragging deer out of the woods. Your freezer must be full already? Sounds like Len is feeding the whole county!
Old 10-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

how many deer are you allowed to harvest where you are? Thats a load of venison if you are on your 13th[X(]. JDinAB
Old 10-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats it I.m moving to Maryland
Old 10-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Dominant Buck

We can shoot unlimited does in our zone with the bow. Lens doing all the dragging because he' s been doing all the hunting. I let a bunch walk... today anyone of 6 or 8 were dead meat. I was looking for something special. Len was thinning the herd. Lens on a mission this year.... catch up to my total. I' m on a mission this year...... not to work so hard at guttin, draggin, skinnin and cuttin. We have 4 landlords that say kill... kill .....KILL, Len took them seriously. I don' t have to shoot as Len and his boy will thin them out for me.[:-] If I see a big doe and she just stands there and tempts me... I shoot. Although, this morning I let 2 of the nicest ones I' ve seen walk buy to see if something bigger were following the 5 point.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I beleive you guys donate a lot of the meat don' t you David ?
Old 10-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Most of it gets put to good use. I donate 3 or 4 every year. I know Len didn' t eat 20 deer last year, but they didn' t go to waste. Hunters for the Hungry will take all you bring them.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:16 AM

Way to go David and Len. Keep them land owners happy.

JD, The 6 counties in the middle of MD have no limit on does. And no daily limit. That goes for bow season 4 1/2 months long, shotgun and muzzleloader.

Montgomery county leads the state with over 2000 (two thousand) deer ROADKILLS each year for the last 3 years.

Quick Reply: I' m selfish....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.