Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Gold Tip Hunter 7595 new fletching? >

Gold Tip Hunter 7595 new fletching?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gold Tip Hunter 7595 new fletching?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Spike

Default Gold Tip Hunter 7595 new fletching?

Hi

I'm relatively new to archery and bow hunting.

I shoot the GT Hunter XT 7595 340 spine.

I usually refletch my hunting arrows with nap twister quick fletch as soon as I purchase them.

My question is how good are the factory vanes for hunting compared to the Twisters I put on?

Is it a huge difference when shooting g broad heads?

I'm thinking the factory fletching should be good enough and when they go bad strip and replace with the Twisters.

Thank you
Old 10-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Factory vanes are good, BUT they may not fly the same as the quick fletch----I switched and liked the quick fletch I believe they are slightly faster and fly straighter
Old 10-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I too use NAP fletching but I use the Twister. The same vane as the QuikFletch but without the shrink wrap. Some factory installed vanes are good depending on they type. But like all production items you will get some with problems. Insufficient adhesion is the most common. You don't want a vane coming off at the most inopportune time. If you're going to shoot arrows purchased complete with vanes check each one for good vane adhesion. Especially before using them for hunting.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
Factory vanes are good, BUT they may not fly the same as the quick fletch----I switched and liked the quick fletch I believe they are slightly faster and fly straighter
Ditto, I too shoot the GT XT's. I saw a significant difference between the two based on flying straighter and I do agree that they are slightly faster with the quick fletch too.