Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Live action

Old 10-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Live action

Bucks are making scrapes and chasing in central MD. Anybody else seeing pre-rut action out there??
Old 10-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watched a REALLY nice 10pt last week here in So. Illinois, kinda halfheartedly chase a slickhead and her little ones for almost a half hour. I watched him trash 2 small trees and make a scrape then keep on eating white oaks. He came with in 10yds of becoming the next rider on the GrimReaper Express!!!!! He looked when I grunted him 2x, but wouldn't clear the jungle of stuff between us. He was only 50ydsish when he was making the scrape and rubs. As he was walking away, I grunted him 2 more times, nothing. I waited till he was around the corner and doe bleated 2x. Nothing. O'well, had to try.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The scrub spikes are starting to bother the does quite a bit around here. I might have to call in sick mid week. I feel a case of buck fever comin' on!