Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Texas hog

Old 10-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Texas hog

Well its bow season in texas and I have been out on my lease the past 5 weekends and all we have had is rain and more rain.I took off last friday from work and got the the lease late thursday night.I got up and was in my stand by 6am saw a few does and a small 8 point but nothing big enought to shoot . Friday afternoon in the stand by 5 pm and saw nothing but birds 7 pm and I was getting my things togather to head back to camp and I hear something comming through the high grass. It was a nice hog about 35 yards out and heading to the tank.I got my bow ready looked through my site,saw my pins and he turned broad side picked a spot and let my easten 2214 tiped with a 100 grain spitfire fly.I saw the hog jump and run into the south texas brush then the crash and another crash.I got down and looked at the spot of inpact, good red blood. By now it was dark and I went back to camp drank a beer and got a spot light my 357 and went to track my hog 1 hour later and a few new thorns in me and there he was piled up 100 yards from impact.It was late when I got him back to camp.He went 150 LBS with two sets of cutters. LIFE IS GOOD and yes I did have my cardeer necklase on.I have pic' s but they are too big to post I need to get them reduced
Old 10-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Texas hog

Sounds like a great hunt. I have never had the opportunity to hunt hogs as there are none running around the woods here. Maybe someday...

Congrats!
Old 10-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Texas hog

Congrats ! Hope to see those pics if you can get them posted.