Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!! >

Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!

Old 09-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!

Ok guys. Yes, I will shoot this buck if he walks past me. Just thought I'd get that out of the way. I'm just curious what you all think he might score and a possible age. I think he grosses in the mid 170's and at least 4 1/2 years old. Let's hear some opinions. Also, I'm tossing up some names. I like Double Drop but those brows are so impressive I hate to leave those out.
Attached Thumbnails Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!-20160921_121209.jpg   Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!-20160921_121155.jpg   Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!-20160921_121125.jpg   Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!-20160921_120949.jpg   Double Drop Huge Brows!!!!!-20160921_120929.jpg  

Old 09-22-2016, 02:12 AM
Fork Horn

I hate to say it but I am afraid he might not be real.Ha
Old 09-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Hope you get a shot at him early. If there are any other bucks around they might break him up pretty bad. But it sure is a nice one. Really like the brows and the width! Oh and I'd say probably 3.5 to 4.5 years old also. Not too good at scoring so I'll leave that to yall.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

He's truly unique, not "pretty" or a "front cover buck" but he's got boatloads of character to make up for it, that's for sure!

What do you have his beams at? I'm "generous guesstimating" 25" with 21" inside. Mass seems weak but I'm gonna go with "all 4s" for "generous generals". I came up at mid-160s lowish & low 170s "high siding" him. Either way he's a HELLUVA buck.

Now the kicker, being in Ohio I don't know, I'll leave that to you yanks. But in my MS River tributary swamp I'd estimate him at a 3yr old. But he could easily be a 4yr old but I sure wouldn't say any older.

Ahhhh but imagine him nextyear!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I've been talking with my taxi about him and several of my other long time bow hunting buds and we think he might only be 3.5 as well. I've been considering letting him walk cause he will definitely be a true Ohio giant. But if he gives me a shot I don't know if I could hold off. Just being honest.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

As thin as he is on mass, I'd 100% agree with Kelly on getting him early. A spike buck could break him off in many places. And you are correct in your re-assessment of age. He is no more than 3.5. Shoulders are way to thin to be any older. IF you can hold off on him, and I know that is a mighty BIG IF, next spring try finding his habitat and start laying down some serious protein and phosphate blend supplements and see if you can get some more mass on that bugger. The way he is right now, a stiff wind could break him off.