Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pic of the tracks of the slammer im chasing in bow only ny 4j >

pic of the tracks of the slammer im chasing in bow only ny 4j

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pic of the tracks of the slammer im chasing in bow only ny 4j

Old 10-23-2003, 11:33 AM

Default RE: pic of the tracks of the slammer im chasing in bow only ny 4j

whatever... everyone has seen WAY bigger tracks! yeah right, the only tracks that were any bigger were the ones thier 300lb girlfriends made while competing in a cup cake toss!! i think its a big track compared to what ive ever seen. and trust me, ive been hunting for many many moons and taken many many deer, with a rifle. i hope you bag him and i cant wait to see the pics. another thing that cracks me up, when someone posts a pic of a big ol 8 or 10 pointer, some putz makes a post similar to the following: nice buck, congrats! looks like the one i already got! again, yeah right.....
Old 10-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

So let me get this straight. Judging by his tracks you are calling him a 10 pt 250lb deer, BUT......YOU" VE YET TO EVEN SEE HIM!!!!!! AM I missing something? What book/magazine have you read to figure this out. There must be some magic formula to figure this all out.

j
Old 10-23-2003, 12:32 PM

Who cares how big it was or if it was running or not. Just hunt it and Kill it. Oh yeah and have fun! Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:37 PM

I must say that I' m quite impressed with the detective work here. I bet you all didn' t know that rocket scientist bow hunt too. There will be no pulling wool over the eyes of this crew.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:47 PM
nub

Just trying to get a look at page 2. Not showing for some reason.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:14 PM

That deer must have been blind and stupid, he trotted right by that quarter and didn' t pick it up!

He deserves to be shot! I hope you get him.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:16 PM

Thant deer must have been blind and stupid, he trotted right by that quarter and didn' t pick it up. He deserves to be shot.

I hope you get him!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

alright 14 merks good call, all these other " geniuses" know everything, to the other your busted guy,,,, i saw them from 250 yards away, i said i havent seen him meaning close from a stand there fist!@
Old 10-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Guess, we' ll have to wait to see the pics of the deer after you' ve field dressed it to know for sure!

nub, LMAO!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:31 AM

OK I' ll try my wisdom on this one. This deer was walking. If he was trotting, the tracks would be in a straight line slightly off center of each other. Second, the left print is the deer' s back hoof print and the right track is the front hoof print. Deer have a cerain stride and when they walk, the rear feet are placed in almost the exact spot vacated by the front foot. With younger deer, the hind feet sometimes overshoots the front feet. (prints) With heavier deer, they seem to have a shorter gate. Sooo, the front foot print (specifically the tips of the toes) will appear in the front of the rear hoof print. (like in your picture) The front hooves are usually larger than the rear ones. On hard ground the deer walk on their tips since the hoof slopes up in the back. When the ground is wet or muddy, the entire hoof is used and the dew claws come into play.

7" long and 5" wide is an elk! On a 150 pound buck, the overall front hoof length including dew claws is about 4 1/2 inches long by 2 3/8 inches wide. (This is from one of my favorite books and the the author says the tracks were measured in soft muddy ground.)

So in my estimation, this was a deer that stepped in the mud. It was about averge in size, and oh yeah, it was heading that way over there.

Greg

Quick Reply: pic of the tracks of the slammer im chasing in bow only ny 4j

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.