Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deer being seen every evening when i come out >

deer being seen every evening when i come out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer being seen every evening when i come out

Old 10-22-2003, 06:26 PM

Default deer being seen every evening when i come out

i need a real good doe to put in the freezer. well every time i have come out there is a little scope of woods. wright next to a branch. well when i go in to hunt my honey hole i walk wright pass the scope of woods going to my spot. well when coming out at dusk i seen them and hear them blowing . i was waliking out this evening and seen them agian and they was blowing just a few does. i will give them a break i am going to setup in the woods friday evening .

question is.. i have spooked them every time i come out . will they keep coming back to this same spot. there must be a hot a pesimmon tree or a hot white oak dropping this woods is not very big. 50 yards wide and 50 yards long.i believe they will be back but let me hear yall' s answer.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: deer being seen every evening when i come out

well every time i have come out there is a little scope of woods. wright next to a branch. well when i go in to hunt my honey hole i walk wright pass the scope of woods going to my spot. well when coming out at dusk i seen them and hear them blowing .
Grasshopper....grasshopper. Your " Honey Hole" is ONLY in your mind. It sounds like it' s a daily trip or any time you go hunting rendezvous. It' s no longer a honey hole... it' s an overhunted piece of woods with little or no activity. Obviously the deer don' t care for the place as much as you do. Yes you should move. As far as where it' s tough to say. The deer you bust every night coming out of the woods must be on a food source so they' ll be back. You have to set up stinky free, quiet and only when the wind is right. If it doesn' t pan out the first time... go somewhere else the next time or two...and NOT back to your overhunted " Honey Hole" .[:' (] Change your routes if possible. You' re making it all to easy for the deer.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:01 PM

i have not over hunter my honey hole i seen 5 deer in my honey hole today... but the deer i see coming out might just be a easy pickin i hope.

i have hunted my honey hole only 4 times this bowseason. i have been switching around on my spots but these deer are eating something they must come back .

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:05 PM

Maybe i dont understand this completely. you are hunting your " honey hole" . yet every time you walk back out, you walk past deer? why not try to ease in there and hunt where the deer are that you spook every time so that you dont spook them? maybe there are more deer there than your " honey hole" ? Sounds like a weird, unorthodox setup to me...
Old 10-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am with bowhuntrey on this. If these does are busting you every night when you are leaving, why haven' t you set up where you know the does are going to be?

Davidmil said it right to, " you are making it all to easy for the deer"

I think you are right about moving into the woods and giving them does a break because come the rut the bucks will be where the does are, and if you spook all the does out of your area that in turn means no bucks.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 PM

HEAR IS MY LAYOUT OF THE FARM I HUNT. I HUNT A BIG WOODS THAT FUNNELS DOWN TO DITCHES AND FIELDS.I SEE DEER HEAR ALOT 80 ACRES OF THIS SPOT . ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FARM THERE IS APART WHERE THE IS A DITCH THAT HAS COVER FEW SCATTERD OAKS DOWN THIS DITCH. WELL THIS DITCH IS WHERE I WALK TO GET TO MY OTHER SPOT.WELL THERE IS A LITTLE WOODS THAT IS OFF BY ITSELF OFF ABOUT 100 YARDS FROM THE DITCH. THIS WOODS WHERE I AM SEEING THE DEER WHEN I COME OUT IS ALONG WAYS FROM MY SPOT THAT I' M HUNTING JUST FOR A FEW DAYS.THESE ARE DIFFERENT DEER. THERE ARE WAY TO MANY DOES ON THIS FARM .SOME DOES NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT. I WALK WRIGHT PASS THIS LITTLE WOODS FROM WHERE THE TRUCK IS.MY SPOT IS A PREETY GOOD SPOT I SEE DEER EVERY TIME I GO THERE.I HAD A FEW IN RANGE BUT IN THICK STUFF. COULD NOT SHOOT. THESE DEER THAT I AM SPOOKING ARE THERE ALOT BUT THEY KEEP COMING BACK . SO HERE IS MY PLAN TRY TO SETUP AND GET ME A DOE FRIDAY EVENING. IN THIS LITTLE WOODS. THIS FARM IS HUGE DEER EVERY WHERE. THERE IS OTHER PARTS OF THE LAND THAT I HUNT THAT ARE OUT OF THE WAY FROM THIS SPOT.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:31 PM

I HAVE GOT A GOOD CHANCE AT PLENT Y OF DOES AND A BUCK OR TWO AT THE SPOT T THAT I GO TO. BUT THESE DEER ARE FEEDING HEAVENLY ON SOMETHING IN THE LITTLE WOODS .. ... . LIKE I SAID TO MANY DOES.I WAS GOING TO TRY TO SETUP ON THEM A FEW DAYS I GO BUT I THOUGHT I BETTER GO TO MY HONEY HOLE AND SEE IF I CAN GET A SHOT AT THE BUCK I SEEN THE DAY BEFORE. GOING TO SETUP ON THEM FRIDAY .

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Dominant Buck

i need a real good doe to put in the freezer.
If that' s true and if you see deer everytime you go to your " Honey Hole" why isn' t one of them dead? AM I missing something here? You need a doe, you see does from your stand, you spook does coming out and now you want to know where to be to get one? Duhhhh... let me think on it for a while. Perhaps the does you see in your stand are the same as you see walking out. Perhaps you should shoot the next decent doe you see if you need one.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:04 PM

dont get to close they might fight you over the persimons and acorns