Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
It's been a while...I upgraded >

It's been a while...I upgraded

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's been a while...I upgraded

Old 07-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default It's been a while...I upgraded

Well, it has been 15 years of bliss with my Hoyt Vortec Saber Cam bow. I have killed everything from squirrels to Bison and it has never let me down. The past few years I have been toying with the idea of upgrading but then I shoot the Hoyt and forget all about that noise. Last season I used my last axle kit and parts for the aging wonder are scarce so I went and did it....I got a great deal on a 2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive and so far I love it!

I went with a rock solid Spot Hogg Real Deal 7 sight, Tight Point quiver, Octane Hostage max rest. Stinger stabilizer and Maxima Red arrows(still waiting for them)

20 yard pin is dialed....waiting on the new arrows to set my pin gap and tune.

The Hoyt at 75lb has been shooting these 450gr arrows at 255fps which gave me clean pass throughs on Bison. The same arrows out of the Bowtech are running straight up 300fps!! I am thinking about pushing some 2219 arrows at 585gr at the same 255fps. That should do the trick.

Bear season opens on August 1st, I'll be doing a lot of Bear hunting/scouting this month waiting for deer and elk to open on August 27th...I am stoked!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Nice! What's the draw weight?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

29" draw 70lb draw weight.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

All ready to go.

On a positive note, I put a camera on the pond my Dad and I have hunted for years. Three years ago the area burnt and this is the first year it's had water. In six days I have deer, bear, coyote, bobcat and wild horses coming in... Looking good, bear season opens Monday!