Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lack of success this year? >

Lack of success this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lack of success this year?

Old 10-22-2003, 08:11 AM

Default Lack of success this year?

Is it just me, or does there seem to be fewer posts about people being successful this year than there were last year? I seem to remember a lot more posts last year of people bagging their deer by now.

Maybe the ASAT and flaming threads have overwhelmed the boards...
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lack of success this year?

Give it another week or two and I' ll bet you see a lot more threads popping up with pictures and success stories in them. The rut hasn' t quite kicked in yet, but it' s close.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:28 AM

it' ll pick up soon! I hit the field with my rifle in 15 days and a wake up!!!!

Bow season hasn' t been very productive for me yet. I let a smaller buck and a few yearling does walk early on and looking back now I wish I' d dropped one of them. I' ve been holding out for this big boy I' ve been watching for a while. I still have time though.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe the ASAT and flaming threads have overwhelmed the boards...
Yep thats it every body is tuning in for the next installment instead of being out hunting

Fot me tho I have not got out and hunted as much as I had done this time last year. Well I have been out hunting but for a job not deer

That combined with the fact my lease is 194 miles from my house I just cant jump in the truck and head off for a afternoon hunt.

But you will get a story and pics from me next week I promise, I am heading to the lease Friday morning for the weekend
Old 10-22-2003, 08:38 AM

I' m certainly having a dry spell in PA. I' ve only seen 1 legal buck and have only had 1 possible shot at a doe w/ bow in hand. I' ve been out 15 times.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Give me a couple of weeks to get healed up........hopefully. Only been out twice and not been in a couple of weeks. Passed up a young 5 pt. at 10 yards from the ground, but I' m not worried.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:58 AM

Yep, I' m looking forward to the rut myself. My wife and son are going to be in PA Nov. 3-10, she is on a work trip and my son is visiting his nanna and pap. I never thought I would say this, but I' m kind of looking forward to that trip . I' ll be taking one day off work and have the whole weekend of the 8th and 9th to spend ALL Day in the woods. I' m hoping and praying my ASAT is here by then.

I' ve become very selective this year and have been seeing a lot of deer, passing up two 8-pointers. I hope I don' t regret those decisions later.[:' (]

Cougar Mag, what are you healing from? Maybe I missed that post.

By the way, Ausie, I got an e-mail from Patti saying back orders are going to be shipped in about 2 weeks.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:11 AM

I have not seen as much activity this year either. I have only seen deer once so far. Lat year I saw deer almost every time out. I am hunting the same places. It has been hot here in Texas. Not sure if that is the reason or not.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not having a very good year. I would have liked to have had 2-3 does by now. I have none. I have had 4 bucks that either didn' t meet mine or the states requirements to shoot, that presented me with shots, so that was cool.

by23856
Good luck in PA here. This states stupid no sunday hunting rule robs you of a day to hunt.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:15 AM

Wimp, I didn' t make myself clear, I guess. They are going to be in PA and I' m going to be here in Nebraska !!!! No wife to object to me being out all day and no diapers to change or anything!!! Just me, my bow, the woods and hopefully a buck or two! YeeHaw!!!

I will be in PA for the first two days of rifle season, though. It' s my annual trip back to PA to hunt with my dad. I do miss Pennsylvania, except for the hunting. The deer here in Nebraska are bigger and more plentiful, at least where I' m hunting, anyway. We' re trying to move back to PA, and I' ll be all smiles when that happens, except for that.

Quick Reply: Lack of success this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.