Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Went Out To Harvest A Doe And Ended Up With... (pics) >

Went Out To Harvest A Doe And Ended Up With... (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Went Out To Harvest A Doe And Ended Up With... (pics)

Old 10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Went Out To Harvest A Doe And Ended Up With... (pics)

Looks like the ole' Hoyt and shock waves took care of buisness, not to mention the guy behind the string! Nice pic, congrats!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:17 PM

Nice deer and great shot. What bow only counties do you hunt?? I' ve been meaning to look for me a spot to hunt down there but can' t seem to get any info on going the right direction. I know there are some good spots, just finding them. Great deer!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:17 PM

nice deer and nice shot good eatin.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:38 PM

Great pic! That entrance hole is pretty impressive. I killed a mature doe last week with a Rocky Snyper, the performance from it was equally impressive, huge entrance hole and it put the deer down in seconds.

That bow laying in front of your deer doesn' t look two shabby either, us Hoyt boys are mowing them down!!

Tyler
Old 10-22-2003, 07:22 AM

WVBowhunter- I noticed that you are from Princeton. I killed the spike in Spanishburg on my familys farm. Spanishburg is only 5 minutes from Princeton. I hunt there in October and usually harvest 2 deer for the freezer. Once November gets here I spend the entire month in McDowell county. I hunt on Burke Mtn. and close to Gary #14. Both of these places have thousands and thousands of acres open to public hunting. The big coal companies own this land and they allow hunting. There are some real monsters in those 4 bow hunting only counties as I am sure you have heard. Below is a picture of our biggest so far. He scored 168 P&Y.

Here is another that scored 130"

Old 10-22-2003, 07:28 AM

PABeardBuster- Yes I have to give credit were credit is due the Hoyt Razortec is simply awesome. But I do think that the NAP Quicktune 4000 has a lot to do with it. Until I shot this combination I would not even have thought about shooting at a deer past 30 yards. However with this combination I am extremely confident out to 40yards. I purchased the razortech this summer and set it up myself. I went out and shot my first arrow and immediately had perfect arrow flight. I adjusted my pin (I use a single pin) one time and I have not had to adjust the first thing on this bow since. It was almost to good to be true. I am shooting a 405 grain CX arrow with a 30" draw at 65#' s and getting 280fps with a KE 70#' s. I like my Razortec!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

HANKFAN- CONGRATS VERY NICE DEER, GREAT SHOT, GREAT PHOTO . I' M TRYING TO GET MY FIRST WHITETAIL WITH A BOW AND I WILL BE HUNTING KY FOR 3 DAYS THEN WV FOR A WEEK IN NOV. I WOULD BE VERY THRILLED WITH A DOE OR SPIKE....THEN I CAN TRY FOR A RACKED BUCK.
I BOUGHT MY LICENSE ON-LINE I GOT THE LICENSE PLUS ONE ADDITIONAL ARCHERY TAG. SO ARE THE ARCHERY TAGS EITHER SEX OR IS ONE FOR BUCKS ONLY AND THE OTHER IS EITHER SEX?
WHAT ARE THE BOW ONLY COUNTIES?
HOW TOUGH WAS LAST WINTER ON THE DEER POPULATION?
WOW THOSE LAST TWO PIX ARE GREAT BUCKS?
CONGRATS AGAIN- PAT
Old 10-22-2003, 08:40 AM

Nice stick!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 AM

awesome deer. Congrats
Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 AM

Congrats! Sounds like a great day afield.

Quick Reply: Went Out To Harvest A Doe And Ended Up With... (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.