Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 man this is depressing (kinda long) >

man this is depressing (kinda long)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

man this is depressing (kinda long)

Old 10-20-2003, 05:39 PM

Default man this is depressing (kinda long)

welp,

about 110 hours in the woods, seen about 40 deer, have tried my hardest to position myself for a shot. each day they the are just out of range, or while they are in range its too dark. after wasting my tim eon public ground, last sunday i was wlaking my dog down behind the house, about 75 yards away i come up on this big field, crawling with deer, my jaw drops as i am amazed that they could all fit in there. so i notice a posted sign so i invesigate further. i kew there was a road on the other side of the filed, so i run back home to look up the directions on the net and off i go. i find a small opening, obvious deer trails, so i park and walk in. tha place was loaded with deer sign, so im wondering how im going to get in there and hunt. well on the way out another car pulls up and a guy get out and picks up a few pieces of trash. he asks if i was hunting, i said no, but i wish i was. he said, " do you have permission?" i said, no i dont. i wish i did though. i live right there in that townhouse and would like to walk in on that side but its posted. do you know who the landowner is." he said, " yeah, my brother. this place is a safe haven for deer, i used to hunt it but i got too old. we olny gave permissoin to one other person and he lives down the road. you can hunt here, but ONLY you, here is my business card, be careful." and drove off. I was like....uhhmmm . so ive benn out there almost everyday watching. i finally think i have them figured out, this morning i placed myself in " the spot" and i didnt see one frikin thing, this afternoon i went back.. nothing. so i think im gonna take a break for a day or so. my poor dog hasnt seen a tennis ball in days, i need to wash the forest funk out of my jeep, need to pay bills, shower, shave, get a hair cut, buy some food, cut the grass, pay attention to my girlfriend....man i hope this place gets me results. if anyone is interested, ill draw a map and kinda show where ive been and where ive seen them moving from and to. maybe it could help my strategy? but for now, im going to go to the local watering hole, get some grub and get shnockered!

hope everyone else is having better luck
Old 10-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: man this is depressing (kinda long)

Yell well I' ve had spent about 30 in the woods and I have seen 9 deer. One big buck I spooked trying to draw. Then on two seperate occasions I have spooked groups of does. Then tonight for some reason I got down exactly 8 minutes before I couldn' t see my pin and wouldn' t you know a deer walked right through my shooting lane and stoped 15 ft away from me. I looked up and he or she was gone! GRR. I am so upset. I have learned from all of these mistakes though and I am going to make myself stay till dark next time even though there is a creapy possum that walks two feet from my tree at about dusk.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 PM

Default RE: man this is depressing (kinda long)

Possums are gross, i would shoot it. just my opinion. get it mounted or something. haha