Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where are the bucks? >

Where are the bucks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where are the bucks?

Old 10-20-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Where are the bucks?

I hunt in Virginia on a peice of land that is 250 acres. There are 3 soy bean feilds. There are a few small beaver ponds between some small ridges. There are power lines through the land as well. I fell that i have a good variaty of cover to hunt in but i cannot find the bucks. If i sit on the feilds i can find does fairly easily. I have tried going up in the woods a little ways to see if the bucks were holding up in cover before heading to the feild after dark but that didnt work. What would be your best geuss as to were i shoulf find the bucks.

I know they are there the landowner has seen many of them over time.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Where are the bucks?

So if the land owner has seen them then you should have some idea where they are. Ask him for some details! Where did he see them? What time of day? Did he see where they came out of? Maybe where they were heading. That person can be your best asset. No go make talk with the land owner. Way easier than guessing. Either that or go start scouting like most of us have to do.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM

i do talk with the landowner and trust me i do my share of scouting. He hasnt been seeing them very much lately though so he isnt much help right now.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:24 PM

I don' t know when your rut starts in va or even how long your season runs. My bet is in a couple of weeks if you find the does, you' ll find the bucks. It' s getting about that time of year.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:34 PM

Is it legal to use a spotlight at night to look for deer? It is legal in Minnesota and it helps me a lot. Even when they are tough to find during the day they are easy to spot at night.