Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I am thinking of switching broad heads What one???????????? >

I am thinking of switching broad heads What one????????????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am thinking of switching broad heads What one????????????

Old 10-20-2003, 01:40 PM

Default RE: I am thinking of switching broad heads What one????????????

i killed my first deer with a bow this year and i used a 100 3-blade muzzy. double lung and tons of blood. went about 40 yards.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:52 PM

Another Muzzy 100gr 3-blade fan here.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Spike

I switched just before season opened to GKF Deadhead Hornets 125 grain. Fly great and preformed very well in 5shots tests. The price is great too. I seen a post someone found them at Dicks for 4.99/3pkg
Old 10-20-2003, 04:34 PM

I have shot 3 different heads this year and they all fly great.

100 grain 4 blade SteelForce serated

100 grain 3 blade Muzzy

and the best of all has been the 100 grain Magnus Stingers.

Can' t wait to see them perform on a deer.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:06 PM

Magnus Stingers are on the top of my list right now.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Seems really odd to me, any kind of hole through both lungs should leave a very good blood trail.... are you sure you shot through both lungs?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll admit I' m one of the few who has actually ditched Muzzys...

Went to Magnus Snuffers, and I haven' t seen a tougher head. Heavy steel with copper welds. Wanted to have more confidence in sharp heads, without the cost of buying new blades every season. For the cost of new Muzzy blades, I can almost buy 6 new Snuffers; ~$20 per pack.

S&R
Old 10-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I think it really all comes down to personal preference. I' m sure you can find someone out there somewhere who has had a bad experience with every head you can imagine. That' s just the nature of the business. Thing is, for the most part bad experiences with a broadhead or more attributed to poor shoot placement. As someone said, you could put a q tip through both lungs of a deer and have standup blood trail. But if you get a high shot, or a shoulder hit, or a gut hit, it doesn' t much matter what head you' re shooting - you' re going to have a tough time recovering that animal. Once again, just the nature of the business.

Personally, I shoot fixed 2 blade Zwickey Black Diamond heads. They have never let me down and passed completely through every deer I' ve ever shot. BUT, that is my personal preference. Some people might like the, others may not. I am a big fan of fixed blade heads because they' re a little bit more " heavy duty" , if you want to call it that. In the event I do get a bad shot and hit one in the shoulder, I would rather have a solid head with more mass to give me a chance at a quicker recovery, than a wimpy little expandable blade head that' s probably going to do little more than bounce off the shoulder.

This topic could be debated until the end of time, but when it comes down to it - it doesn' t matter what head you shoot. It matters where you shoot it.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:49 PM

i used to shoot thunderhead 100gr --take in mind my arrow speed is about 253 ft per sec.they always shot good just had to make a few adj.---so as luck has it a new head was advertised called slick trick broadheads.thay are a 4 bladed head with a .30 blade so i ordered a pack.put them on my arrow and was real impressed--they flew the same as my field pts.as far as toughness i intentionally shot one into a piece of 3/8 in plywood at 30 yards.the broadhead almost went all the way though and stayed in tack.thay are new and have there own web site(slick trick broadheads.com)the blades slide trough one another through the head and lock into each other which to me acts like a solid fixed blade head.thier customer service is great and there email gets a quick reponse.alot of people will fall in love with them if they actually try them--check them out!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:34 PM

i love the muzzy, anything Bad to the Bone MUZZY. shoot it in there and let it eat.

Quick Reply: I am thinking of switching broad heads What one????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.