Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feeder choices

Old 12-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Feeder choices

Guys,
I'm looking to get a feeder, i'm looking for a large one that will hold a min 1,000#. i want to feed a corn based feed in the winter and in the early months of summer and spring i want a good protein pellet or a high protein mix. My question is what type of feeder are you guys getting the best results with? i'm looking at either a timed trough feeder, gravity feed with tubes, or a timed spinner feeder?
My goal here is to try and supplement the deer on my farm and also help them through the winter months. Let me know what has worked the best and whats got the deer moving in daylight and whats showing the biggest antler gains?
Also i'm in Eastern Ohio, coons are a problem here so if you know of any good ways to get rid of them i'm open for ideas on keeping them off the feed.

Thanks