Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 should i get a new bow? >

should i get a new bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

should i get a new bow?

Old 10-17-2003, 01:13 PM

Default should i get a new bow?

As of right now ive got a martin jaguar set a 55 lbs. got new cables and new zebra zs twist string and new quiver its a 1999 model and im about to out grow it how much do yall think i can get for this bow it is FLAWLESS if i sell it what kindof bow do yall think i should get with 450 bucks?
Old 10-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Default RE: should i get a new bow?

I don' t know what you can get for it, I would take it to a Martin dealer and have them price it. I have had real good luck selling a couple bows on ebay. If you get several people bidding on it they can really drive the price up. Once you sell it, just ship it to them after you recieve your money. I would spend a extra $100 around $560 and buy a Bowtech Extreme VFT or maybe a little more and get a Matthews Q2 or LX. You want grow out of these bows at all.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:46 PM

I bought a 2002 Hoty Protec on ebay for $400, a 2002 Bowtech Generation 3 for $350, and a few other in that range. Wait until the spring, after the new line-ups come out, you will be able to get 2002 and 2003 bows at 1/2 the price paid for them 1 year earlier. Or you could go to a pro shop, depending on how confident you are that you can pick the RIGHT rig for you. Good luck.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with a 1999 bow.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:47 PM

someone was sayin it the gear room aobut seeing a hoyt havotech go for 299 at gander moutain id like to have a hoyt, mathews or bowtech
Old 10-17-2003, 01:58 PM

Belle, its not the fact that it is a 1999 model i want to seel it b/c when i pull it back my forarm is bent and out ther cockeyed and i want to be LOCKED COCKED AND READY TO ROCK i want my forarm locked.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:27 PM

I was always taught to keep your elbow bent somewhat......
Old 10-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you' re growing out of the bow ? Perhaps you might just need to have the bow adjusted a bit. If you' re young you' ve likely done alot of growing since 1999. You may need to have your draw lengthened, peep sight adjusted, etc. I' d swing by a pro shop and have them look at things.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:14 PM

joe your bow is fine . ITs in good shape . And you dont want to be locked when you are locked it will slap your arm and youll jerk . Your supost to have it beant
a lil . And ive seen it its just right for you