Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Killed Another one >

Killed Another one

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Killed Another one

Old 10-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Killed Another one

So it just about blew me awayWed PM in NY. It was blowing so bad I didn' t even go out to try and set up a stand for Thursday AM. I went in and found a tree Thur AM. I had a couple deer come around but not close enough for a shot. I told my brother on the radio where they went and bedded right out in front of me. They kind of surrounded the place and drove it killing one nice 4 point and missing a chance at a bigger buck.

Last night I decided to go somewhere else. Got in my tree at 3 and shot a big doe at 4. Angled toward a little and close(10-12 yards) The arrow must have deflected pretty bad. It hit right where all the ribs come together near the back. Caught one lung where the windpipe and everything goes together. Caught the back tip of the other lung and exited in front of her hind leg about 6 inches. Somehow it missed the liver.. that I can' t figure. A glob of her intestines plugged the hole slam up. I began to panic when I saw the arrow with green gook on it,... but I saw it hit right against the shoulder(clipped it) We found 2 drops of blood 75 yards later and she lay 5 yards from there. That was all the blood we found. I tracked her by where I saw her go and her running prints in the beech leaves. I knew she was around and we' d find her. But anyway.... got another.

Nothing this AM. I' m still in NY having fun. See ya next week.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:00 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Killed Another one

So how many does that make now? This is getting ridiculous. Congrats on the deer and a good tracking job.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Save some for me,congrates.The way it is going up here I will starve to death this winter
Old 10-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again, David. Bet that freezer is getting awful full.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Dave (again)

That' s a perfect example of how weird things can happen, and your eyes can play tricks on you. You were fairly positive of where you hit, yet if you based your hit only on your arrow....that would lead the avg person to believe they muffed the shot...especially since there was no blood trail. Good job...as usual! Now go get Mr. Big! [:-]
Old 10-17-2003, 11:30 AM

Whack - em - and - Stackem
Old 10-17-2003, 11:47 AM

Congrats on ANOTHER one You just trying to rub it in aren' t you
Old 10-17-2003, 12:03 PM

Congrats on another one.

How many do you take each year? Had a member tell me you take 30 each year, I don' t believe him. So....?
Old 10-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing. I like hearing detailed accounts of hits and what happened. Those are things to be stored and remembered.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:06 PM

atleast the buck to doe ratio is getting closer keep it up [8D]

Quick Reply: Killed Another one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.