Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Buying a bow off eBay? >

Buying a bow off eBay?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buying a bow off eBay?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:17 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BGfisher
With your apparent knowledge or lack of (being new) I would suggest NOT buying off Ebay or any mail order place. A good local shop can measure you for draw length and see what draw weight you can handle effectively. These and other factors are a reason to not get something from EBay.

Consider that if buying from a local shop you might be spending more money from the git-go, but will have personalized service and usually a free bow setup at the very least.

Buy a bow somewhere else and you can expect to pay for setup and followup service. In the end you probably end up paying about the same.

Buy a bow that you find out doesn't suit or fit you and you end up paying a lot more.
A BIG ditto to that! I bought my first bow off the 'net and regretted it because I didn't know what to look for. Go to a local pro and get started right!!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Spike

If you know EXACTLY what you're looking for, then Ebay is great. I've bought bows, rests, sights, arrows, releases, and a ton of other stuff from them. The deals are freaking fabulous compared to the local archery shops.

Ebay is better if you're specifically looking for a brand, model, year, draw weight, draw length, etc. and you have all the details and specs figured out for you as a shooter. They have such a variety and selection, that you can find damn near any bow you want, with all the specs you're looking for. That way it won't cost much for your local pro shop to do a few tweaks needed to make it perfect for you.

Just make sure you only buy from a seller with a great rating and a ton of sales. And pay attention to what they charge the shipping costs... some sellers try to screw you that way. I was looking at arrows recently, for a great price, but then I saw they wanted $35 for shipping. Just read carefully.

Last edited by redwhiteblue; 02-17-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Spike

I wouldn't buy my first bow off eBay....go to dicks or somewhere like that and they will set you up right.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:24 PM
Spike

I think buying the first bow on evilbay is a bad idea. You should visit the "offline" store so that you can choose exactly the bow that suits you the most, touch it in your hands, understand if this is exactly what you need.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:28 AM
Spike

I've also bought my bow off eBay, and it saved me a pretty penny. I don't see anything wrong with it. The bow I bought is used, but it's in perfect condition, so why not? I decided to find a new hobby besides stargazing and space exploration and was sure that eBay would help me.