Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away >

Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away

Old 10-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in. I shoot the old style three blade Muzzy.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Spike

I'm new to archery and could use some gear. Put me in for a replacement blade sharpener please and thanks!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Most welcome Hope you guys sell a ton of them. As I previously stated, they are fantastic. Especially for those not really gifted in sharpening. They hold your blade at the perfect angle for a truly sharp edge. Not to mention when you have meathooks as big as mine, holding a tiny little replacement type blade at a proper angle is tough to say the least!
That is what drove the creation of the Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening guide. Its true what they say about necessity being the mother of invention. Big hands and broadhead blades that seem to be getting smaller and smaller drove us to the Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening guide.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in. I shoot replaceable blades.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

Why not, I've never really been into the resharpening, just buy extra blades. Looks like it might be worth a try. Shoot mechanicals...
Old 10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

We will draw on Monday the 19th.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MaineRida
Why not, I've never really been into the resharpening, just buy extra blades. Looks like it might be worth a try. Shoot mechanicals...
Maine, I don't typically use them to sharpen replacement blades after use. I use them to put a little better hone on new ones. Don't usually need to for my replacement blades for slick tricks as those buggers are MORE than sharp enough right out of the pack but there are some that do need a little honing to meet my satisfaction. BUT if after I use one and it's not beat up and nicked I will throw them to the stone. Just most of the time after a pass through my blades will 99% of the time find that ONE little rock in the ground
Old 10-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I great idea. I think I will buy both.

Have you guys considered making something like this for knives?

I do all my sharpening pretty well by hand but a simple little device to remove all doubt can't be a bad thing. I think I could use this to teach people how to sharpen as people are always asking me to either teach them or do it for them.

Any way I can use Paypal?

Last edited by rockport; 10-15-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Most welcome Hope you guys sell a ton of them. As I previously stated, they are fantastic. Especially for those not really gifted in sharpening. They hold your blade at the perfect angle for a truly sharp edge. Not to mention when you have meathooks as big as mine, holding a tiny little replacement type blade at a proper angle is tough to say the least!
I generally use pliers but this looks much easier
Old 10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I generally use pliers but this looks much easier
I used to use Linemans pliers. The 9" Kliens have a little flat spot that puts the blades at a dead perfect angle. But yeah those holders that DYI is selling work very well and are about as easy to use as can be. Throw a blade in the clamp, set the blade to where it is just touching the stone, throw a few licks on it, throw the blade across a leather strap a few licks and away ya go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.