Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Please buy a broadhead target (and use it) >

Please buy a broadhead target (and use it)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please buy a broadhead target (and use it)

Old 09-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your a good Man DIY-guy to point these's young Bowhunters in the right direction. You did a good thing for our Sport. Thanks!!!

HJ
Old 09-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is shocking how many people take to the woods completely unprepared for success and even worse unwilling to do what it takes to get prepared.

At least these kids had the drive to do it right and were just missing the guidance/know how and had the sense to take it when it was offered.

There is really no excuse these days with all the information available.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

Totally agree. You need to get a broadheads target and shoot them.

Even with a mechanical. Shoot the practice tips .

I have to disagree about the WB. Been using one going on 30? Years now. Ever since they came on the market. Gotta say I know all the cons. Yes it's a little rough in the fetching but not so much if your bow is tuned correctly.

Fletchungs are cheap. Glue is cheap. I like a captured encompassed arrow and if I ever get the pleasure of getting to go to Africa or some place where I can anchor a monkey or bobcat strait up in a tree ...I have a rest I can do that with.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I made my own broadhead target. My roommate and I, for some reason, kept pizza boxes stacked up in the garage. For some reason we just kept piling them up instead of throwing them away. Then one of us got the idea to cut them all up and duct tape them together to make a broadhead target.

The pizza boxes work great because they are all the same size. Just cut the top and bottom sections out, stack them up, duct tape the crap out of them, maybe attach some rope to it to make a handle. And you can use any cardboard, just make them all the same size so the target fits together. I haven't had any trouble pulling the arrows out with broadheads or fieldpoints.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Good for you, DIY!

My first piece of advice for any newbie archer/bowhunter: "Stay away from the internet shops and mail order outfits. Go to a pro shop and get started right!"

(I learned that the hard way.)
Old 11-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Spike

Their vanes weren't destroyed from the wisker biscuit. More likely pass throughs dilapidated targets. Countless people and I have thousands of arrows through a biscuit with absolutely no damage at all. Not even one vane ever. All different types of vanes. Using blazers right now.
Anyway, I hear about it very often. Guys don't even shoot their bow for a year and go hunting. One guy at my work just had to get a new bow string because it broke after using it for 26 years.