Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I am officially switching to a QAD!!!!! >

I am officially switching to a QAD!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am officially switching to a QAD!!!!!

Old 08-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I am officially switching to a QAD!!!!!

I have been shooting a whisker biscuit for the last 3 years. The first 2 years I shot great last year I started seeing some inconsistency. This summer there is no consistency at all. I talked with the local bow shop and he said he would bet my problem is the biscuit, He said he hears this story all the time, almost word for word. I will let you all know how it plays out.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you shoot that WB with any regularity at all you will have that problem. The guy at your shop sure aint the only one that's heard that exact same story. I've switched out a bunch myself for guy's that shoot on a regular basis. Those bristles get worn down and blown out. Absolutely the stupidest design I have ever seen for a bow rest. How so many people get suckered in to those things I have yet to figure out.

Which model of QAD do you plan to switch to?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

QAD makes a good rest no doubt. But my choice is the NAP Apache. I have one on all my bows. They are quiet, easy to set up and built like a tank.
I think once you get your QAD rest set up properly you'll wonder why you didn't change sooner.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default And I'm officially

staying with my old fall back. It wasn't expensive and its paid off.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have a QAD and I love it. They are a great rests.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to shoot some today after I got the bow back. The jury is still out. I didn't have much time to shoot. But before I wasn't getting good groupings and with the new rest I am. I did have to adjust the 20 yard pin but that was the only one I was able to test. I kind of expected that though cause my guy at the bow shop told me I may be a little high. Next time I shoot I will try the longer distances and hopefully I will be more adjusted to the new setup as well. I was very pleased with the groupings. I was shooting 3 arrows and they were all in a 1 1/2" inch circle. I was able to get the pin closer to the bull but didn't have enough time to get it all the way on. Overall I'd say it was a success.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 08-21-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you are going to be a bit high because your speed has increased by around 3 to 5 feet per second. If not more. You are also going to find that your fletchings will last longer now that they aren't getting run through a bunch of bristles. As far as your elevation, you should have just raised your whole sight pin window up a tad rather than just one pin at a time. More than likely that would have brought all pins to correct elevation. Or at least very close to where minimal single pin adjustment was needed. Most all the QAD models are very easy to tune in. Which model did you end up with?
Old 08-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

i'm partial to my ripcord ace but it's what works for me and i'm sure when tuned up the qad will work fantastically. definitely a big step up over the whisker biscuit. congrats!
Old 08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

I had the QAD too many problems. Switched to the limbdriver pro v and haven't had a problem or complaint yet. The switch alone improved my group consistency tremendously