Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Northern Illinois Buck >

Northern Illinois Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Northern Illinois Buck

Old 10-14-2003, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Northern Illinois Buck

congrats, wathcing one real similiar to it.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck, congrats!!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 AM

I shot a 9-pointer last night at 6:15 that is very similar to him!!!!! He' s got a smaller rack but it looks like you would just shrink that one down and you' d have to one I got. I' ll post pics and story later.

Congrats man!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don' t worry Legacy, having the fork horns illegal in PA is just going to make more 8' s for next year. Just wait and see. Within two years you will possibly have a chance at a nice buck like this one.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

good job. Im down in central Illinois, perhaps i will see a nice one pass through my woods in my next few hunts. Congrats.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

I' m pretty sure that deer swam over from Iowa. Nothing bigger than fork-horns in Illinois.

BTW, congrats on the deer!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:34 PM

Jason,

Probably did make the swim but I think it was down the Rock from Wisconsin since it' s only about 2 miles from where I shot him.....I lurk at the IBS website alot but don' t post. How' s things looking down your way?
Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not into record books but think what he would score IF the other side was 5 also.
good Buck & yes-TYPICAL of Ill., Iowa & Ws. For us that have been born & raised in this area, over the years you will see several HUGE bucks & we take Bucks in the good to very good on a regular basis. You still have to work for them BUT the potential to running into a " BIG BOY" in our woods (any woods) is always there.
I passed on 2 fork horns Fri. evening at 15 yds. & 5 yards as I know " DADDY" is around. Had 2 MaMas & 3 of their fawns go by yesterday. I know I am not into record books thou I have several animals that would qualify-just want to see if I can do it for my own satisfaction in my old age.
Good luck to all this season & Congratulations on a great deer mshane.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:36 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

MShane,

I' m pretty much straight east of you, in Kendall County. Hunting Kane this year too. Things are going well so far. I' ve got meat in the freezer, and a pair of velvet antlers on the wall from Wisconsin. Last weekend I took a doe in WI and earned my buck tag for the CWD Zone. Can' t wait for November!

I did some squirrel hunting at Castle Rock a couple months ago and saw a TON of deer in there. Not the most hunter-friendly habitat though. Hiking through a couple miles of multiflora rose wasn' t fun.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:48 PM

So you say his big brothers are still out there?

Should I bring my sleeping bag or do you have a spare bed for me?

Congrats on a great deer.

Quick Reply: Northern Illinois Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.