Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shot at first deer w/ bow today >

shot at first deer w/ bow today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shot at first deer w/ bow today

Old 10-11-2003, 03:14 PM

Default shot at first deer w/ bow today

this mornin before daylight me and a friend set up bout 50 yds away from each oha in the stands and started gruntin and stuff and a 6 pt walked in and walked and stared for a couple of mins he got about 40 yds from me and i was gettin tired considering i was at full draw for like a minute and a half and he got to an opening and whistled he stoped and i let tha arrow fly he jump and my arrow went right over his back i was kinda down about it but i thought heck it was my first time to shoot at a deer w/ a bow so it was a good experiance.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shot at first deer w/ bow today

Sounds like Joe has the advantage, his was a clean miss.

I guess it depends on how ya wanna look at it.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:52 PM

Hey ryan just wait till the moderators see that word you put in your post theyll give you a warning about it LOL ne ways you bring that pic to school monday and well see about this here deer you killed or did you even find him.
Joe Smith
Old 10-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 6pt125lbs

this mornin before daylight me and a friend set up bout 50 yds away from each oha in the stands
If the deer walks between you two at 25 yards and you both have a shot who takes it ?
Old 10-11-2003, 09:04 PM

was he still at 40 yards when you shot? how long have you been bow hunting? do you really think that was a good shot to take? Sometimes you just have to let down even if it means spooking the deer. just some things to think about.

Brian
Old 10-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive had a complete miss this year also, a complete miss is better than a poor shot. Better luck next time.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Take some advice, don' t hold at full draw so long at a 40 yard shot. Be patient and eventually that 40 yrd. shot will become a 20 yards shot.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:46 AM

Yep to that. And pick a spot too. It makes a world of difference.

You shoot much better aiming for a tiny spot like hair, elbow or shadow than at the entired vital area. ...If you didn' t know allready.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Patience is the name of the game. 40 yard shots in the woods are iffy. If you were sure it was 40 yards exactly and you practice that shot alot, then maybe it' s ok to try. But at 40 yards your arrow is dropping rapidly. Any error in your estimated distance results in a wounded or missed deer. Your odds to take the deer are much greater when you wait for the deer to get closer. anyway, keep practicing and hunting and good luck to you.

Quick Reply: shot at first deer w/ bow today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.