Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hey what is the best arrows >

hey what is the best arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hey what is the best arrows

Old 10-10-2003, 07:40 PM

Default hey what is the best arrows

i have some carbon express arrows i think there awesome but my friend said that they are trash what do ya' ll think
Old 10-10-2003, 09:16 PM

Default RE: hey what is the best arrows

Regardless of the debates that take place over shaft type and material, it always boils down to the person' s satisfaction and confidence with the shaft. However, why do you find your carbon' s to be " awesome?"
Old 10-10-2003, 09:17 PM

A friend that shoots for a pro hunting staff insists that Forge Bows make the best carbon arrow available. They combine carbon with kevlar and have a tolerance of .00145" , and 1 grain per dozen. I' m seriously thinking about ordering a dozen to try, but I don' t know the cost.
My bro in law has Blackhawk vapors that have been great for him. They tested really well against the Bemans and Gold Tips and others. I have some ACC' s that I now have found to be a little bent. I went back to some older GT camo hunters that are shooting great.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:54 PM

If the arrows shoot well, hold up, and have the desired weight you want, there' s nothing wrong with them. I' m currently shooting Gold Tips, and I like them. I know they probably aren' t the very best arrow in the world, but they work pretty well for my intended uses.

peashooter
Old 10-10-2003, 11:21 PM

I is kinda like everything else out there..You get what you pay for then it is up to you to work things out to your personal satisfacion. Practice...Practice....Practice
Old 10-11-2003, 12:23 AM

I recently bought some PSE Carbon Force Extremes and they shoot very well. The guy I get my arrows from has been in archery for a very long time and has many competitive acomplishments in the sport.

According to him the Carbon Force Extremes have the best consistency from arrow to arrow and lot to lot........all I know is they fly really nice but I am shooting a brand new faster bow so I can' t say it' s all due to the arrows.

I have no complaints yet.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:31 PM

I have shot Beman ICS 400 for a couple years, good shaft. I thought that the Blackhawk Vapors were CRAP. Right now I am shooting Gold Tip XT' s and I will be shooting these for some time. LOVE THEM!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I recently bought some carbon express arrows and have found nothing to complain about. They are a little heavier than my gold tips but group b-heads and field tips right with them out to 30 yards. I have had pse carbon force dominators split at the nock from shooting and now don' t trust them. They seemed to spine right for my bow but are very light compared to others and I think it makes them vulnurable to splitting.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from Easton aluminum shafts to Beman ICS Hunter shafts this year. So far so good. I' m definately happy with them.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:20 PM

I agree that the carbon express arrows are nice, get your buddy to back up his talking. With that said im switching to gold tips, I have heard nothing but good things about them, I got a deal on them and they are made in the USA.

Brian

Quick Reply: hey what is the best arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.