Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hha sights

Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 AM
Spike

Default hha sights

Im looking into the hha sight but there seem to be so many different types. From research, it seems as if the 5510 pin sight seems to be the most popular because of it small size. However when I look at them online, they range anywhere from $100 on up. I don't need the one that dials in to the very yard, but is there a feature on one of these that is worth paying the extra $$$ for? Forcexmple I see they have them where you can adjust the brightness of the pin.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Spike

get the HHA 5519 with the rheostat, you can adjust your pin brightness according to available light, awesome sights have owned the 5510 and a bunch of 5519's... liked the 5510 but like the 5519's better...look on archerytalk and you can find them for 75-80 bucks.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Spike

Thanks. I actually went to a bow shop yesterday and decided to actually go with the 5510. I did get the one with a rheostat as well. Last night I went out and attempted to sight it in. Struggled a bit. From the video I watched on YouTube from the hha rep, he tells you to start at 20 then work your way back 30 40 50 60 etc. Problem is, I feel like unless your a top notch shooter (which I'm not) it becomes difficult to do it like that because I would shoot a couple here and there thst were off so I would worry not knowing if it's just me or the sight. And by the time I got to the 40 yards I was already pretty tired and fatigued from shooting so much.

Can't you just sight it in at 20, and then do 40, and call it a day? If you get those 2 yardages, everything else up to 60 yards should be good right?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Spike

I have an older one (5019) and I didn't need to sight in at every 10 yard interval. They recommend you do 20 and 60 and note the mark on the "sight in tape". The difference between those two numbers determines which sight tape you use.
I believe they also have a 20 & 40 method for those not comfortable with shooting 60.
Good luck! Once you get it, I think you'll love the sight.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Spike

Actually just read through the instructions and it says if you do 20 and 40 thst it should be sighted to 60, and if you do 20 and 60 it should be good to 80.