Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 RattleSnakes Yuk ! >

RattleSnakes Yuk !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RattleSnakes Yuk !

Old 10-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Spike

Default RattleSnakes Yuk !

I have seen some Rattle Snakes where I am hunting the past week and it ruins my hunting season! they are lying on deer trails in huckleberry bushes when the sun warms up. I never knew there were so many here in central PA! I always joked with my buddy that the trophy bucks were the bear,coyoteand Rattle snakes live.even with the heavy frosts we have had they are still out ! Derb.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: RattleSnakes Yuk !

OH yepper I like them critters. seen a 6 footer 5 years ago
Old 10-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

o my I live and hunt here in Central PA and I am not a fan of snakes at ALL!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh crap, keep them buggers up there. None around here where I hunt.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:34 PM

HERE IN TENN THERE IS THEM BIG TIMBER RATTLERS HERE BUT THEM RATTLERS DON' T STOP ME FROM HUNTING JUST WATCH WEAR YOU ARE WALKING THE SNAKES ARE NOT GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN. THEY ARE SCARED OF US .BUT IF YOU MESS WITH ONE YOU ARE ASKING FOR IT.

THEM BIG 12 FOOTERS ARE ROUND HERE IN TENN.
O-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Q

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Be vewy, vewy quiet. I' m hunting wattlesnakes. heheheheheh

If I see rattlesnakes, I' ll be frying up snake meat and prepping the skins and rattles when I get back to camp. We' ve got plenty and to spare down here in Texas.

Old 10-08-2003, 07:03 PM

One thing I have truly enjoyed about moving to SE Nebraska from Pennsylvania and Virginia (Besides bigger deer in general and bucks in particular ) is NO poisonous snakes! No rattlers, no copperheads (very plentiful where I came from in PA), no cotton mouths or water mocassins. I can walk where I please in the woods and not worry about looking down. I can keep my eyes up looking for deer butts ! Very soothing knowing that and having a three year old son that' s about to start exploring the woods around the house soon.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:33 PM

yeah we got all sorts down here... diamond backs, cottonmouths, water moccasins, copperheads..

A guy was telling me last season he seen this BIG A$$ snake in the middle of a trail so he shot it to keep it to the ground and went to his stand and hunted.. well he came back and it was an 8 foot bermese python!!!! *LOL* someone lost their pet!!! anyway he had it skinned now he has it on a plaque on his fireplace..
Old 10-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

We' re fortunate enough not to have many around here in Allegheny county. However when I head east to hunt with buddies I am sure to pack some snake proof chaps. I had 1 encounter and I won' t do it again.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:04 PM

I' ve had two of them rattle at me when I was leaving my stand after dark!! Makes you take big steps and cover ground fast!

Quick Reply: RattleSnakes Yuk !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.