Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!** >

**The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!**

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!**

Old 10-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default **The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!**

Here are the results of the past few days of hunting with my buddy " Rob/PA Bowyer" in some of his “Honey hole” spots in North Central , PA. We had a great hunt, and saw a ton of deer including some nice bucks,(I think 11 total Rob?) just nothing quite in range.
However this big mature doe WAS in range……….
All told I think I alone saw 30-40 deer with multiple shot opportunities in just 2 evenings…..weather was beautiful, and the stand I took this doe out of Monday night had the single prettiest view I’ve ever seen from a treestand, and what a sunset! Gonna have me spoiled for the hard pressured land I hunt in York Co. that’s for sure.
We had a great time.........well I know I did. Can' t speak for Rob.

I think the picture came out real nice considering it was (1) in the dark……..and (2). Rob was in the picture!(For those of you who don’t know I’m the good lookin’ one on the right!) In fact in spite of Rob, I think I’ll add it to my “Quality Picture Post”.

She was taken at a distance of about 22 yards with a Rocket 4 blade Sidewinder out of my BowTech Patriot Dually, and Rob got to see all the action from a stand about 100 yards away.

I have to mention as well: Rob is associated with a company called “River Valley Outfitters” all of whom I met and spent time with the past few days. These guys are getting a BIG plug from me because although since I’m ‘Special’ (Not special- ed) and got to hunt some of their grounds because I’m a friend, their operation is worth every penny if anyone out there is looking for a quality , absolutely 100% fair chase whitetail hunt on prime property. ( Especially you guys who might be sharing your current hunting spot with 200 or so of your not so closest friends and just HOPING to see a deer!) Lots of options, lots of land, LOTS of deer ,and this place would be PERFECT for a very affordable “Local” eastern whitetail hunt for anyone. Probably a terrific place to bring a kid for a chance at their first deer as well without the pressure of public ground…….in addition, I’ve seen their Spring turkey hunting videos in action! WOW. I myself am going to be booking a Spring gobbler hunt.
I’m sure “Rob/PA Bowyer” could fill in any details via e-mail directly if anyone is interested in his operation.

Oh, and I also have to fill you guys in on a little product testing for some new products I' m trying……..I had my “Scent Blocker” SLT liner Suit and ASAT 3d camo suit on their “Maiden Voyages” and they both came out with good grades!
For one the ASAT suit……The stand I took this doe from was on the edge of a cut-cornfield. The best tree is right on the edge in the open (with some back cover of course), but I’m telling you even at 20 feet I felt like a water tower standing there with nothing in front but open field! When I shot that doe I had 7 deer within 30 yards directly in front of me and not once did I even get a glance. Coincidence? Maybe, but talk about a confidence boost for the new camo.
The Scent Blocker suit? 8 of the deer came out into that field did so DIRECTLY downwind of me , and when I say directly , I mean I floated a “Windicator” across the field and it almost hit one doe in the forehead! I was scent-free showered, coincidence? Maybe again, but it obviously didn’t hurt.
Hard to directly credit the success to these 2 products but I’m not going to argue with the results either. A few experiences do not make a " Review" but take it for what it is.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: **The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!**

Sweet, nice looking doe and great story. Congrats!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:26 PM

Congrats Matt - That is a great picture - even with Rob in it[&:]

And even with that ugly camo
Old 10-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a big doe bud, congrats to her. The picture turned out excellent for being a nite shot. How far did that doe run after being whacked?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thats a nice doe and the picture is great, glad to see the smiles on your mugs! Sort of looks like one of those commercials trying to make us guess which one is Dad and which one is the son!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

" Does this camo make me look fat" ? " No dear, it' s the lighting... trust me. Everyone looks fat in the dark" . [:' (]

So, other than the camo.... it looks like a fun hunt. Looks like you shot her with a hatchet.[] Congrats on the deer and the fun times.

P.S. I don' t own any, but that camo has always impressed me as the cats meow when all the green stuff goes and you' re hanging out there like a water tower. From the pictures I see(which are usually doctored) it works at anytime equally well once you' re off the ground. Too many patterns, so little hunting time.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, hunting with a buddy....nothing beats it.

Congrat' s on a great doe. [X(]
Old 10-08-2003, 07:24 PM

Nice bow.......I mean Nice doe..........congrats on a good hunt
Old 10-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job! Its always fun to have a successful hunt. Your smiles show it.......you had a great time!

Good Luck on the next one!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go guys! I' m glad to see a hunt gone well. Really good pic as well. Aren' t you supposed to clean all the blood off first?! Just playin with you boys. Congrats on the table fair.

Quick Reply: **The Moderators and The First of the Season! (picture)!**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.