Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ohio Nonresident License Fee Increase Update: OH Residents Call to Action >

Ohio Nonresident License Fee Increase Update: OH Residents Call to Action

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Spike

Default Ohio Nonresident License Fee Increase Update: OH Residents Call to Action

Our DNR representative just informed us at our local game club meeting yesterday that the language was REMOVED from the Legislative Bill (HB 483) by our state representatives to increase Non-resident hunting license fees.

OHIO RESIDENTS IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED BEFORE JUNE 13th

Contact your State Representative (can be found here: http://www.ohiohouse.gov/

And demand that the language be PUT BACK in the Legislative bill (HB 483) to Increase to Non-Resident Hunting Fees.

We started a petition immediately at our game club. Please either organize in this manner or contact your Representative before next Friday (per our Game Officer)
Old 06-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Cbow,
Why is the increase so important. I doubt that you are directly competing with the "out of staters?"
daddus
Old 06-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless your increasing your out of state price to over $500 it isn't going to do a thing. Look at Illinois. We have the highest out os state tags and we still get way to many out of staters hunting here. I wouldn't put too much work into it, you'll be surprised how a higher out of state fee will do little to deter out of state hunters.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Spike

Default Why?

If you are going to ask people to join you in an endeavor like this it might be a good idea to explain why...
Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Spike

To help increase funds for the DNR to better assist the herd. Ohio's nonresident licenses are the cheapest by a log shot (Illionois, Iowa,Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana etc). Ohio has many problems with its current system and this is just one of. Others are its abundant antler less permits, it's new early season muzzleloader season for does, and more. This has led to a depleated deer herd in recent years. Like everything these are rules and tags which doesn't MAKE us hunters do it, it is partly our faults (residents included) for letting it get this way.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cbow1964 View Post
To help increase funds for the DNR to better assist the herd. Ohio's nonresident licenses are the cheapest by a log shot (Illionois, Iowa,Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana etc).
Long shot? It looks like Ohio is pretty close to Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Kentucky.

In Illinois we have a very high price for nonresident deer tags and I can tell you that increasing the price will not deter 95% of your out of state hunters and will not have much effect on helping to fund other things. Illinois wants to limit the amount of out of state hunters as much as you do but the only way you are going to do it is to have the state enact quotas. Other than that, its not going to do much.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Someone will still pay the higher prices, but it will more than likely just be different people. What I mean is years ago I used to be able to go to IL. and hunt with my cousin on a piece of family owned ground, that is no longer possible. Good news is that I have been replaced by non resident hunters with way deeper pockets than mine that lease all the ground around my cousin and pay the high price for tags. Thats what hunting was meant to be after all.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cbow1964 View Post
To help increase funds for the DNR to better assist the herd. .
you are delusional. The state is in no way looking to do anything but reduce the herd. It has effected revenue and now to make up for it they expect Ohio hunters who vote for them to back them in screwing over our neighbors which won't do one thing to make the herd better.

I can't even believe I have to explain this. An increase in revenue will also hurt those of us who are protesting this herd decimation by the state for purposes that have nothing to do with herd management because many are simply not going to buy the tags and it's basically the only way we can send a message.

I thought we through the Red Coats out a few centuries ago.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats stinks! I hunt Ohio as a NR. BUT! I still hunt Ohio for whatever price they make them. I don't shoot Doe's and I only shoot SOLID Racked Bucks. I don't mind eating tag soup no matter what the price of the tag is. Good Luck in your fight with the State decimation of the Deer herd. We LOST that fight in PA. To many Hunters want to KILL,KILL,KILL. Its sad! Good Luck!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 06-11-2014 at 05:34 PM.