Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadheads

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default Broadheads

Okay so I am trying to get some view points on some broadheads. The ones i use right now are not as available as the were. I am thinking of switch and haven't decided if i was going with mechanical or fixed. What do you guys recommend, what brands are good, what grains would you use if you were me. I shoot a diamond edge 29" draw and 60#. Thanks for any responses.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

100 gr Steelforce Phat head. Its a fixed head and is the thickest BH on the market at .080. I shoot the 125gr Phat Head. Its Ferrell is TT Steel and It blasts thru a Deer with my setup. 72Lbs, 30"draw Elite Answer. The 100grain should be good for your setup. Great BH! Good Luck.

Hatchet Jack

Last edited by hatchet jack; 05-18-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Spike

With your setup you should be able to shoot just about anything out there. I shoot a lower KE setup and have good success with rocket steelheads.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

NAP Killzones and Killzones MAXX's for me in past season...always worked flawlessly with great blood trails!

I have switched to a fixed head for this upcoming season now...Solids, 125gr Legends...things are top notch in terms of quality and performance...BAD A**!!!

http://solid-broadheads.com/

Last edited by TheHardWoods913; 06-10-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TheHardWoods913
NAP Killzones and Killzones MAXX's for me in past season...always worked flawlessly with great blood trails!

[IMG]http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/members/thehardwoods913-albums-east-end-triple-picture8204-killzone-maxx-blood-trail-2.jpg[/I

I have switched to a fixed head for this upcoming season now...Solids, 125gr Legends...things are top notch in terms of quality and performance...BAD A**!!!

http://solid-broadheads.com/
They are some nice looking BH's. I love my 125gr Steelforce Phatheads but I might give them Solids BH's a look!

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick Magnum 100 grain for me.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick mags for me. The eight point I shot this year went about 20 yards before falling over and the 8 point I shot last year was a straight down shot (pass through) through one lung. He ran downhill on an ATV trail and fell over at about 100 yards. If he hadn't had the straight shot on that ATV trail I doubt he would have gone 50 yards. 2.25 inch cutting surface and no worries of the blade not deploying or deploying early makes them worth it for me. Plus, they fly right with my field points.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
They are some nice looking BH's. I love my 125gr Steelforce Phatheads but I might give them Solids BH's a look!

Hatchet Jack
Def check out Solid Broadhead Company! Yea they're expensive, but IMO they're worth every penny! Such a high quality head and made of good quality S30v steel...truly mean it when i say they are BAD A**!!!

Last edited by TheHardWoods913; 07-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I think you can hardly go wrong with any of the broadheads out there today....really it just comes down to mechanical vs fixed. Your mechanicals are going to fly pretty durn close to your field points, your fixed blade might need a bit of tuning but other then that as long as you take good shots most of your broadheads are going to put meat in the freezer.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
I think you can hardly go wrong with any of the broadheads out there today....really it just comes down to mechanical vs fixed. Your mechanicals are going to fly pretty durn close to your field points, your fixed blade might need a bit of tuning but other then that as long as you take good shots most of your broadheads are going to put meat in the freezer.
So true. I like a real strong thick fixed head just in case I do hit some bone. I think you have a better chance to recover the Deer. The Steelforce Phatheads are .080 which I think is one of thickest BH on the market . All steel too . They only have a 1" cut but they Blow thru Deer with my set up. Every year I say to myself that I should try some mechanicals but I never do.

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.