Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shooting instinctive >

Shooting instinctive

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting instinctive

Old 03-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shooting instinctive

Anyone that shoots instinctive? I started out with a 50yr old Barrowed Recurve, so it was no sights and off the shelf..Yes clean kills..I then went to a Hoyt compound, but could not use sights. I am a lefty that shoots lft. in guns but rt in archery, always have...had always used recurves for target growing up, so the new sights and such were new to me for hunting. Obvious left eye dominate...Well 20+ yrs later dozens of deer, and yet another new compound I still shoot instinctive.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do..but it's still with recurves and longbows
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Spike

When I take my compound bow fishing I take the sites off for quick instinctive shooting but I usually just take my recurve. I also know an older gentlemen who deer hunts with his compound without sites.