Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What color pin do you see best at dusk >

What color pin do you see best at dusk

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What color pin do you see best at dusk

Old 10-01-2003, 03:26 PM

Default What color pin do you see best at dusk

I don' t shoot past 35 yards at deer and I find using one pin is fine for that distance.I' m having trouble seeing my yellow sight pin at dusk.I can see the deer fine.I' m looking for a single pin sight with a bubble level right underneath.It' s legal to use a lit sight where I hunt as long as it doesn' t cast the light on the animal.So that' s what I' m looking for.It' s hard to tell looking at the Cabela catalog,what sight would be best.TRUGLO has the Glo Bright Single,COBRA has the Easy Slide,VITAL BOW GEAR has the Proslide,HMA Sports has the Optimizer Lite.My archery shop is not well stocked,so I can' t hold and look at each one.Thankyou
Old 10-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What color pin do you see best at dusk

Savage' s site states that green is best in low light, red in daylight, and yellow the best compromise.

Mine' s yellow, haven' t had any problems... yet
Old 10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me red is not the best in daylight. Red is best at dusk for me closely followed by yellow. I have the Cobra Electra-Slide which has a green pin when the LED is NOT on, and turns to red when turned on. If you think you may shoot a book deer, you may want to consider a lot of fiber or with a tritium power source (I think those are P&Y/B&C legal).
Old 10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with a Montana Black Gold sight. Extremely tough and lifetime warranty on pins. I also see green the best, with yellow fading about 5 minutes earlier, and red fades about 5 minutes before yellow.
I put my green pin at 20, red at 30, and yellow at 40. As long as I know the range and can still see my yellow pin I can shoot out to 40, if it is 30yards and I can' t see the red I could split the difference of the green/yellow and make a 30 yard shot (I would highly suggest practicing this a lot). If it starts to get really dark I wouldn' t want to take a shot over 20 yards anyway, so having my green 20 yard pin fade last makes the most sense.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see my green pin the best at low light times and then next yellow...I have a hard time seeing my red one other then in good daylight...I got some kinda Integra sights...
Old 10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Green!!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The florescent green fiber optic pin works best for woods hunting in my opinion, and the red works well for outdoor target shooting.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Low light - Green ...with yellow a close 2nd

Daytime - Red

My pins are green - yellow - red/20,30, & 40 yds.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

yellow and green. I hate red as I cannot see it at dusk.

Brian
Old 10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

my 40yrd yellow pin on my cobra micro adjust is the best low lite pin i got. followed by my green at 30 and 60 yards...and red last....20 and 50 yards.

Quick Reply: What color pin do you see best at dusk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.