Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Good move or wild goose chase?--used bow >

Good move or wild goose chase?--used bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good move or wild goose chase?--used bow

Old 12-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good move or wild goose chase?--used bow

I realize that with my graduate studies this semester, it's not likely I'll be able to do my usual rifle hunting this year. However, after semester ends, there'll be a couple of weeks at least for archery.

I'm thinking of trading a rifle for a used bow--I'd be looking at around $100-$150 in value, and I do see used bows in that range.

I'm not a practiced archer.

Is this a bad idea, waste of time, or otherwise? What should I look for in a used bow?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would just save up for a bow...rather than trade your rifle for one. You can find good deals on craigslist or ebay lots of times. If crossbow is allowed where you are that's a better investment if you are looking to kill a deer this season...
Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I would just save up for a bow...rather than trade your rifle for one. You can find good deals on craigslist or ebay lots of times. If crossbow is allowed where you are that's a better investment if you are looking to kill a deer this season...
Thanks, Wilcam. The crossbow might be an idea. I'm not real particular. The point is to just get hunting deer.

The gun itself is just an old Turk Mauser and not very collectible, either. Hoot to shoot, but not my primary gun.