Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best lighted nocks? >

Best lighted nocks?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best lighted nocks?

Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Best lighted nocks?

Looking for your guys(and ladies) imput on best lighted you have used in the field. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I too am interested in this subject. I have heard a lot of good about Nocturnals but there are Luminocks, After Burners. Carbon Express, ect but what do you guys use/like? Why?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

ive got some burt coyote nocks on the way for my crossbow, ill let you know how they work
Old 12-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
ive got some burt coyote nocks on the way for my crossbow, ill let you know how they work
These are Lumenocks, for those not familiar with the Burt Coyote brand name.

My personal preference is the Nockturnals.

I have used Lumenocks, Nockturnals, and CE's, I use Lumenocks now, but I'll be changing over to Nockturnals as they burn out. My wife uses Nockturnals.

Ultimately, I like the I/O feature on the Nockturnals a lot better than the lumenocks. The Lumenocks are a bit brighter than the Nockturnals, but not so much so that it keeps me on them.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Spike

I have the Nokturnal nocks and the one and only shot I took on a deer with it was a pass through but wasn't able to see my arrow after...after finding my arrow I noticed that the nock had busted off...still I know it worked because I got it on video...
Old 12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have and use Nocturnals and have not had any problems with them thus far.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered 2 nocturnals from ebay. 13.24 with shipping.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've used Easton's Tracer nock and Burt Coyote Luminock and didn't care for them. The former requires the use of a magnet and the latter is finicky how it is installed. Also both are heavy and will greatly alter your point of impact and arrow flight as they change your %FOC.
I am currently using Nocturnals and have take 2 deer with them. I use both the green and the red and they are plenty bright enough. And at only about 8grs heavier than a conventional nock, alteration to your arrow/flight is minimal. I've shot them along side conventional nocks out to 50 yds with no significant change in POI.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both Burt Coyote Lumanocks and the NocTurnals. I use them interchangebly. I like the NocTurnals better for I have had fewer turn-offs after shooting with them than the NocTurnals. The one and only problem I have had with the NocTurnals was I had one that would not stay off after I kiiled a deer with it. I called them and they said to wash/soak it in rubbing alcohol for a few seconds, shake off, then let dry over night. Problem solved!!!!! Killed 2 more deer with that nock before it was busted on the 3rd. I feel that I will change over to them solely when the BC's wear out.