Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio Rut!!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ohio Rut!!!!!

I have been hunting fairly hard these past few weeks. This past Friday is when I really noticed things going crazy in the deer woods. Then, suddenly on Tuesday, after that snow fall it went dead. Are we in the lockdown period already? What do you guys think?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Here in SW Ohio it is the same thing...I am on vacation this week, and I saw a spike chasing on Monday and a nice buck cruising last night....I don't think we are in lock down yet...I think it is just getting started...who knows though...this has been a real down year so far..
Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Spike

I actually noticed the same thing in NE Ohio. I shot a nice 4 year old Saturday morning and had pictures of 6 different bucks go by my trail cam that day too. Then right around when that snow came in the action in the woods, and in front of my cameras was significantly lower. thinking we might be in lockdown.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only have three days of my vacation left and I really hoping to tag out on a 170" I saw Monday morning and also have several trail pics of him. I was about 3 seconds away from killing him Monday morning. Then you all know the ups and downs of bow hunting. Unfortunately it was a down.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Spike

Same here last week was crazy in the woods and for the last 3 days nothing. I think the lockdown is in effect