Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best buck I've ever seen and I blew it. >

Best buck I've ever seen and I blew it.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best buck I've ever seen and I blew it.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by whitetailfinder
Trust me it could be worse....I have had 19 P&Y's in bow range since my first encounter at the age of 15 and I have never killed one. I had a true giant get away only to be killed by a rifle hunter and make the cover of North American Whitetail. There is nothing quite like that sick feeling in your gut. I am hopeful one day soon I will know what the other feeling is like.
19?
Don't give this guy advice, get some. If you haven't learned how to put it together after the first few...you (obviously) never will.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Spike

Default Great Guy

Originally Posted by nodog
19?
Don't give this guy advice, get some. If you haven't learned how to put it together after the first few...you (obviously) never will.
First, I never asked for advice. Second I had my first encounter with a P&Y at the age of 13. All I have done is bow hunt since I was 13 years old. I am 32 now and I have had some amazing experiences in the woods. I had the privilege to be taught how to hunt by some great Archery only whitetail hunters. Should I have killed a P&Y by now absolutely. But my life is not dependent on the size of the rack I have on my wall, but much more important things.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by whitetailfinder
First, I never asked for advice. Second I had my first encounter with a P&Y at the age of 13. All I have done is bow hunt since I was 13 years old. I am 32 now and I have had some amazing experiences in the woods. I had the privilege to be taught how to hunt by some great Archery only whitetail hunters. Should I have killed a P&Y by now absolutely. But my life is not dependent on the size of the rack I have on my wall, but much more important things.
19? This isn't about the size of the rack, it's about getting things done. It's about figuring things out and coming out on top the next time. 19? Let me put it in another light, 19, you know this number? Your detailed enough to know the exact number (a high one) but not detailed enough after 5 (I'm being generous) to put it together?

Look, I'm not wanting to pour salt into a wound here, take my comments as trying to pump someone up to get'r done, not demean a person.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by nodog
Look, I'm not wanting to pour salt into a wound here, take my comments as trying to pump someone up to get'r done, not demean a person.
I agree, I may have taken it wrong. I will get it done.