Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which week for the Rut? >

Which week for the Rut?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which week for the Rut?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Which week for the Rut?

If you had to pick a week to hunt the rut, would you pick the last week of Oct or the first week of Nov?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to lean on the moon when it gets down to choosing which week. The week after full moon which splits the last week an the first week of November. But, with that said the deal breaker would be the temps. What it is worth. I'm scheduled for the 19th- 27th of Oct. Then the Nov. 2nd-11th.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with AR that temps are the biggest driving factor in deer movement even during the rut. With warm temps the big boys will still be cruising and scent checking but just will be doing it under the cover of darkness when its alot cooler. As far as time off to hunt goes, well Ive read every Alsheimer book out there and many other moon oriented books for deer movement and have seen some increase in movement over the years but not enough for me to change what has always worked for me. Keep in mind the days of increased activity were also of normal or below normal temps. My vacation this year and for many years in the past will from Nov 2 thru Nov 11. Good luck
Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Spike

October 31st has always been the best day for me. So if u can get 7 days starting then ur good . I feel if u wait to long in November the bucks are already in lock down with a doe that they may stay with for a couple days and then they move when that doe moves or when they have finished breeding her and r on the hunt for the next 1.But I want to be in the woods when the first few come into heat. Then the bucks r up on their feet checking multiple doe groups instead of being locked on 1 doe
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot two of my biggest deer withing a day or two of Halloween, but when it comes down to it I'm choosing based on weather, not date or moon phase. Bring me some cold, nasty weather and I'm in the stand all day!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
What it is worth. I'm scheduled for the 19th- 27th of Oct. Then the Nov. 2nd-11th.
You have the rut handled!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

the most buck activity i see is usually with in a couple days of Oct 31st either way. that is when i have shot all my bucks.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

First week of November undoubtedly.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Nov 3-11 if i had to choose a week
Old 10-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

The reports based on moon phase that I've seen this year predict a later rut, like second & third week of November -- not that I won't be hunting earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.