Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scented ?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scented ?

I was bowhunting from a 13ft stand with lots of cover around me and wind shifted from in my face to a south cross wind. A doe and two fawns came from down wind and I think doe scented me. She seemed alarmed and couldnt figure out what was up. So she turned around and went back from where she came. She never blew or saw me. Will deer return?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

If you were near food or their bedding area yes. Deer aren't the smartest when they can't figure seething out. Most of the time they will forget after a little while.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i'm on a old logging yard about 50 yards in woods from a hayfield. Theres actually red oaks around my stank.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Spike

If she didn't blow and stomp and look right at you, I think you'll be okay. She just knew something wasn't right. Give it a few days and they will be back.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 AM
Spike

they will probably come back after a few days, but if they scent you more than once they will not want to come back through that area. just don't over hunt your stand and you will be fine.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

What the others have said. It also has to do with how much human activity is in the area. HD.