Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3) >

I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Old 10-01-2003, 04:22 PM

Default RE: I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

great pics
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot a grizzly last night!!! (PIC)

Awesome bear. WOW. [][] I would love to have that on my wall. He is a beaut.

Brian
Old 10-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry

Cracky, he bit my arm off!
Now come on mate will you atleast get it right

It' s Cricky he bit me arm off mate!

It sounds better than it reads call me and I will say it

Now there' s a thought can we get audio on here[&:][8D][:-]
Old 10-01-2003, 09:46 PM

Some photographers, newscasters and videographers put themselves in various situations every day to get the right footage.
Yeah, but most have telephoto lens' that could see craters in Uranus!!! Wait, does that sound right??? []

Great photos, but I think one of these days he' s gonna get tired of ground squirrels.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:56 PM

I hope this wasn' t you. And if it wasn' t, maybe you ought to count your blessings.

THE BODIES OF Timothy Treadwell, 46, and Amie Huguenard, 37, both of Malibu, Calif., were found Monday at their campsite when a pilot arrived who was supposed to take them to Kodiak, state troopers said Tuesday.
Treadwell, co-author of “Among Grizzlies: Living With Wild Bears in Alaska,” spent more than a dozen summers living alone with and videotaping Katmai bears. Information on Huguenard was not immediately available.
The Andrew Airways pilot contacted troopers in Kodiak and the National Park Service after he saw a brown bear, possibly on top of a body, at the camp near Kaflia Bay.
Park rangers encountered a large, aggressive male brown bear within minutes of arriving. Ranger Joel Ellis said two officers stood by with shotguns as he fired 11 times with a semi-automatic handgun before the animal fell, 12 feet away.
“That was cutting it thin,” said Ellis, the lead investigator. “I didn’t take the time to count how many times it was hit.”
The victims’ remains and camping equipment were flown Monday to Kodiak. Ellis said investigators hope to glean some information from video and still cameras.
As the plane was being loaded, another aggressive bear approached and was killed by rangers and troopers. The bear was younger, possibly a 3-year-old, according to Bruce Bartley of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
The victims’ bodies were flown to the state medical examiner’s office for autopsy.
Dean Andrew, owner of Andrew Airways, said the pilot was too upset to comment. The company had been flying Treadwell to Katmai for 13 years and Huguenard for the last couple of years. Andrew said Treadwell was an experienced outdoorsman.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:02 PM

Still think you are nuts...I heard on the radio today that some guy around Anchorage got him and his girlfriend killed by a grizzly within the last few days. He was supposedly a self taught bear expert who frequently and purposely made close contact with the bears. Took the girfriend along...I wonder if he was trying to impress her??? Think she was impressed?? Be careful man.. They are still wild animals and unpredictable. This seems like a really unsfe " hobby" .
Old 10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to read this article:

http://www.adn.com/front/story/4110831p-4127072c.html
Old 10-08-2003, 02:33 PM

Looks alot like the area when I was living in Kaktovik. Beautiful country up there! But a little toooooo cold in January for me. Funny though the bears that we chased were white not brown.

Good luck on when you get ready to send an arrow his way.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Play with fire enough times and you get burned.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, but most have telephoto lens' that could see craters in Uranus!!! Wait, does that sound right???
Roflmao[&:]

Quick Reply: I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.