Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow

Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Spike

Default New Bow

Looking for advise. I will be buying a new bow after the 1st of the year. $500-600 range bare. I know the only way to see what works for me is to go shoot and see what feels right, just wondering if I can speed up the process a bit and see what everyone is shooting. Right now I am shooting a Martin. I have had no problems with it and like it. It will go to a low enough DW and pull that I can give it to my wife she had decided she wants to start shooting. So that works out great for me I get a new one. So what's everyone shooting. I may be able to spend a little more but not much. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow buying is subjective to the user...but I like my Mathews mission...
Old 10-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

i believe Bear is right at the top of the game, several of my bowhunting buddies have chosen the Bear Method and ive not heard a bad report yet
Old 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, save another $50 and get a Bear Method. Cant get another 350 IBO bow for that price.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
i believe Bear is right at the top of the game, several of my bowhunting buddies have chosen the Bear Method and ive not heard a bad report yet
i've been a bear fan boy for awhile and they are definitely making some great bows now. i was toying around with the method and the motive 7 at field and stream, love them. all bear bows just seem to feel right to me.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Spike

Default hoyt charger

I recently just bought a hoyt charger, and it is a great bow. When I went to the sports shop I shot the bowtech assassin, pse revenge, and the hoyt charger. I stayed away from the pse because of the weight of the bow. the bowtech assassin, and the hoyt charger were the same weight and around the same speed. i went with the hoyt because of the smoother draw even though the bowtech was faster. i have had it for a couple of months now and it is sweet. I have a 25 inch draw at 60#. i am shooting 254 grain Easton bloodlines and am getting 50# of kinetic energy.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been kicking some tires and the stand out for me so far is the g5 prime defy.