Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which one?

Old 09-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which one?

The black whole or the Block? 95% field points and 5% broadheads ( this new LX sticks them all in the same place). The Block, small a little bigger, med and large, $59.99 to $149.99. The Black Whole, med and large $49.99 and $69.99 (substantial difference). Shooting carbons at around 270 fps. I have shot the block and have no complaints other then the high price, seems durable enough but never shot the black whole. Is their any real differences? Both are constructed about the same.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which one?

I got a Black Hole and it' s held up for me so far...I' ve shot it plenty of times with broadheads and field tips, and I' m shootin fast. I think the only difference is that the Black Hole layers are vertical as opposed to the Block' s horizontal layers...plus it' s cheaper, but it' s also portable and all that. I got the Hole over the Block so I could save some money, so far it' s got the job done.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Funny you ask, my hunting partner just bought the Hole today. He was at the local Gander Mountain, the manager is a friend of ours, he recommended the Hole over the Block simply on price because they are the same and the Hole is less expensive.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

I will have to say the Hole also.. I bought one back in June and have shot it almost everyday and it works fine... I did have to start picking anoth spot awhile back to shot at on it since I was useing the dead cneter and had shot it out...well I say shot it out because my arrows were going almost all the way through but I have yet to have one go through and I am shooting a little over 300 fps... in fact I just shot a few rounds into it here at work about 30 minutes ago!!!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 AM

I own the Hole, but my Dad has a Block and I would say the Block is more durable. We' ve been shooting that thing up for about 3 yrs now and its just beginning to wear out. Either way, you can' t go wrong.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:33 AM

the Block .. because it is more durable
Old 09-29-2003, 02:33 PM

I have had the Block for 5 years now and it' s pretty banged up from me using broadheads and field tips. I' m at the point now where I am shooting at the sides of it. But, my next target will be the Hole. Again, because of price.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks gents, the whole it is.