Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting Net Participation >

Hunting Net Participation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Net Participation

Old 09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting Net Participation

This forum is the best forum I've ever been with. My opinion.

I found my home here back in 2007-08 and met many friends and spent tons of time here.

My job, family activities, and having more kids pulled me away during 2011, 2012.

I've jumped back on and things look great! but it seems like the volume of people is a bit less than back in 2008. WHY?

Do you guys & girls know the reason? Is everyone flopping around on facebook? Or are people getting Lazy.

I'm back and plan to spend more time with my old friends.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using this forum since the mid-late 1990's, this place is pretty cyclic. Some years there will be a TON of people using, other years, not so many. Even though things are getting ramped up for early season in many states, it usually seems like even the bowhunting side here doesn't warm up until temps outside start cooling off.

Come what may, this is still one of the better forums that I've used over the years. Just the right mix of experience and new blood usually to keep things interesting, informative, and fairly casual. Most of the time at least...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't be caught dead on facebook. lol I've been around since 2005, but I become a ghost, and not on this site, when trout season is under way. I come and go every year. I have noticed that some of the long standing, "regular members" are gone though.
Bowhunting whitetails and catching wild trout still remain my 2 passions.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

About 4 years ago there was a group of members that formed a clique and the only "good" hunters were those who were in their group....

Thankfully they got ticked as one or two moved on then the whole bunch moved...

Sometimes less is better....
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Bartender

It started with the site being sold and a the owner created a new one that many of us are now parked at. Well it was new in 2009. lol
Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been with a few sites like that. Got a fishing site right now on the down spiral. Not sure if that one will make a recovery or not it was partly the owners fault in my opinion but the activity is picking back up so we will see.

Forums kinda head where the members take it. If you get a lot of gruff treatment new people leave and older members stop posting and just observe. But if you get members that constantly like to share and teach then things can easily get turned back around.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the Off-Season I'm around a little more....during Hunting Season (Bow & Rifle) I'm too busy Hunting to be around very much.....plus I've been heavy into Coyote Hunting and that takes me away from posting unless its too darn hot out to Hunt!

I don't have time to be in a Clique....never did like the idea and I try to post helpful info and share what works for me,what I've learned from my mistakes and I listen to others and try to keep an open mind and learn new things!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the great response. You all have put things into perspective. There are so many variables that put people in and out on HN. We all have busy lives. One of the biggest things I like about HN is the people..and also the user friendly website.

I hope the moderators know that "when things work" Keep it.

Sometime people go in and change the format of the site and users get all confused on the change and they get scared off.

This format works great. We should leave it..and let the business grow! Change is hard for all of us. MW
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

One thing I have noticed on here through the years...The fellows over on the Black Powder section as a rule have gotten along just fine...Most of us are older and have been at it for awhile and it seems when someone gets too big for their pants they are called out...

There have been a handful that have come and gone but it's nothing like what happened in the Bowhunting area...
Old 09-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea this place use to be hopping till it was sold and a bunch of members left and went to a different site . That site is ok at best. None are what they use to be . Not sure where the posters that had a lot of good info and good attitude went.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.