Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best bow for $500 >

Best bow for $500

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best bow for $500

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For a non-working relative

I wouldn't buy a $500 one, but a lower priced bow. They work at lower cost. Companies have been selling lower priced bows for successful shooting and hunting for decades.
And just tell them. If they can shoot this less expensive bow, just think how good they'll be when they shoot a more expensive bow that they paid for.

Of course, you might be wealthy and need no ones advice.

Last edited by Valentine; 08-23-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Check out http://www.huntersfriend.com/
You can get a very nice bow with arrows, ready to shoot for under $500, delivered. This is probably the next place I go for a bow. Otherwise, if you boys are a bit younger, a Mission Craze package is nice because weight and draw length are easily adjustable down to child size up through adult - this is what I got my son. See http://missionarchery.com/product/craze/ .

Last edited by MZS; 08-23-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I should have asked, what age are your boys? I'm assuming "not kids", but more like teenagers, so you won't be fighting draw length differences?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Spike

Instead of looking at just bow quality I would think about it form this angle: I'd get something that is way less of a bow than what you plan on getting them at Christmas. You don't want an awesome bow for yourself now and then have them open up a lessor bow at Christmas, it will kill their enthusiasm.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Spike

I picked up my current bow (Bear Encounter), set up with trophy ridge quiver, whisker biscuit, and 3 pin sight for $399. Swapped out the sight with my HHA single pin and dropaway rest. Awesome bow for the $$$, shoots nice and as far a noise levels, I swear its quieter that my buddy's Hoyt that he paid twice as much for
Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Spike

What about a Cabelas outfitter bow. They were made for Cabelas by PSE. I cant find much online for a review.

I have found one. My son wants to get into archery and I think it might be a good starter setup.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a list of 2013 Martin bows on the Martin Tech Forum classifieds. One Rytera and 4 Martins, all new, These are at fantastically reduced prices. $500 for the Rytera. Others are less.
Check it out and PM me on there if interested.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

used Mathews Switchback or Z7
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a brandnew Hoyt Maxxis 31 in 2010 for 650$ on ebay. So assuming you can find a used bow in good condition like a dealer brand for 500$ fairly easy on ebay. I 've seen some hunters agaisnt using ebay to buy used bows bc you have no idea what could have happen to them (dry fired)(dropped). Long as you see the details on the bow, look it over real good( take to bow dealershipto check it out) you can alway get your money back if youfind a flawl. I recommend very much looking at ebay for use bows that are 1-2 years old. Alot of hunters like to upgrade every 2 years to stay up with the new technology and they slap it on ebay. My brother found a good mathews reason last year for less than 400 dollars. He dropped a new string and cable on it and its amazing.