Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The American Sporsman >

The American Sporsman

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The American Sporsman

Old 09-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default The American Sporsman

I watched this show this morning on ESPN2, which is hosted by none other than Deion Sanders. Ok, get this, Jarrod Washburn, pitcher for the Anaheim Angels went on a deer hunt on a ranch in So. Texas. No problem. What irked me was, this guy and the guide were hunting from a truck with a stand/blind above the cab of the truck. They didn' t even get out to shoot the deer. Nice deer. I don' t know but in my neck of the woods that' s called poaching. They later rode around this 40,000 acre ranch and started popping shots at hogs as well, until Washburn finally put one of hose down as well.
World Series champ, but doesn' t know the first thing about how to really hunt.[:' (]
Just pathetic. Says a lot about the ranch as well.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The American Sporsman

That' s how they hunt some of those ranches in Teaxs........not too sporting is it? What is Sanders doing hosting a hunting show?
Old 09-26-2003, 04:27 PM

Default RE: The American Sporsman

I think hunting deer on a ranch is ridiculous. Especially with a blind on a truck. The only thing that I think should be hunting on any kind of preserve is birds and that' s because not everyone has the time or patience to train a good bird dog and ranches/preserves can provide those for you. Plus, the only people that should be hunting near a truck are disabled folks. Washburn may think he made himself look good on national television, but to us true sportsmen he embarassed himself and true hunting ethics.