Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Dreaming of OPENING DAY >

Dreaming of OPENING DAY

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dreaming of OPENING DAY

Old 08-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Spike

Default Dreaming of OPENING DAY

I find myself dreaming of opening day more and more every day.Its getting so bad I cannot get anything done ..... Who's all with me?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

I'm so pumped! I don't think that I've ever been excited about opening day as I am this year. This year will be my first year bowhunting. I've been practicing since February and feel confident on hunting with a bow for the first time. Hopefully, all the hard work will pay off.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

I am with you. Our expanded archery season opens September 7th and we have had a good summer in terms of plenty of sun and rain. Have seen a lot of deer around also. I am shooting before work, at lunch break sometimes and after work. Can't wait to get in woods.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aug 30 for me..
Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty stoked... first year traditional bow hunting and I'll be starting the season still-hunting exclusively. If it gets later in the season and I haven't had any success, I'll climb a tree... but I'm going to give it a shot.

Good luck all.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

When August rolls around every year I always have a hard time with concentrating on my business for thinking about the upcoming season. I m very lucky to have my on business and especially the fact that after the middle of October I really on have to work about 10 hours a week until the first of February. Now from February until the middle of October I pretty much work 7 days a week and some long hours with Wednesdays being my shortest day in which I have time to check my trail cameras. So for work sake and hunting sake October 1st cant get here quick enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have been excited for the season ever since I saw the pics in the sping of our good bucks that made it through last years EHD problem and the hunting season.

I was out shooting my bow the other night and the string jumped the cam and bent my top limb, So I went out and purchased myself a new BowTech Expierience and now opening day can't come fast enough because I am super pumped about my new bow! I love new toys!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I care about is meat in the freezer!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I got called out in a meeting today at work... I must have had a stupid grin on my face cause it was one of those kind of "oh crap, its really quiet" moments and everyone at the table was staring at me. My boss just laughed and said welcome back.

I was thinking about a nice little 8ptr in velvet I saw in the backyard this weekend. Cant wait!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I hear all of you. I have a 180 in mulie waiting for me. Sept 7th. thats all I think about. I play the what if's all day. What if I screw up. What if he's not there. What if someone beats me to him. What if I make a bad shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.