Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Got some new hunters >

Got some new hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got some new hunters

Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Got some new hunters

I picked up a new Alpine youth bow for my grandson and got him shooting. Then his mom (my daughter-in-law) said she would like to start shooting too. So I dusted off my little Martin Monster Hunter (35-50#) and cranked the poundage down, reset the draw length for her and retuned it. She started shooting at 35# and was doing really well. And every couple days I crank the poundage up 1/2 turn. She is now up to 40# and doesn't know it.
And she is hitting bulls at 30 yds. She just told me she ordered her hunting license on line so she can go with me.
My grandson is also doing great shooting but he can't hunt deer yet because he cannot draw the legal minimum 35#. But he does have his youth mentoring license as does his younger sister. So it looks like I have 3 new hunters to take along this year. Going to have to put in multiple stand sets!!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Spike

Good to hear! Good luck trying to keep them all quiet, haha.

Best of luck to you all.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what it's all about....getting Youths and New Hunters started in enjoying the Sport even if they just want to shoot a Bow or Firearm for the fun of it!If They want to Hunt they can get into learning more about Scouting,Scent Control,being Patient and Hunting with others...the list goes on and on!