Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Acron crop question ? >

Acron crop question ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Acron crop question ?

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Spike

Default Acron crop question ?

Does anyone have any feedback on all this wet weather concerning the effect on the acron crop this year ?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've spotted a few trees starting to grow them in Illinois. I think its still a little early to tell by us though. Our crop last year wasn't too great here but it usually goes every other year. I think this year we should have a pretty good crop. Only time will tell....
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Maine I've also seen a couple trees starting to grow them, mostly Red Oak.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

Last year I think we had too many acorns. I had to sweep the driveway off 2 or 3 times. I don't think the deer had to travel vary far because the acorns were everywhere. We've had alot of rain here in Southern Maryland, I'm not sure what this will do to the acorn crop.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Here is Illinois there will be a good acorn crop this year due to the drought from last year. The drought had the trees stressed most of last year which will cause them to produce an excess amount of acorns this year as a way to "make up" for last year so to speak.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Spike

Well in central Il acorns where Terrible but some trees are starting them already, in southern Illinois I had a great acorn crop.