Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead ?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Spike

Default Broadhead ?

Is the slipcam rage 2 blade 100gr. a good choice for deer? I`m shotting a mathews bow with 62lb draw weight. Would appreciate some input.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

i personally am a fixed blade fan. thats what i recommend. that broadhead is more than capable of taking a deer, so go for it. you will eventually find a broadhead that you like and works best for you.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive used the 2blade...it works great IF the blades are locked correctly. Check your local hunting laws...They are prohibited in some states like where I live...in Idaho.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do a search for "Rage" in the topic and you will find a day worth of reading. It seems like there is a heated discussion at least a few times a year. Personally, I am a fixed broadhead guy and love my slick trick mags so until they fail me I don't see a reason to try something else.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Spike

I have killed deer with rage heads and they leave a heck of a hole/blood trail. I trust fixed blades more though and recommend slick tricks.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the same poundage as you but I prefer to go fixed. I also shoot the slick tricks with good results. Extremely durable and fly the same as my field points.
I'm sure the rage are very capable getting the job done as well.
I just like less moving parts for something to go wrong
Old 06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rhody Hunter
I just like less moving parts for something to go wrong
My thoughts exactly. I don't have anything against Rage but I don't see a reason to switch. I've heard too many stories of people who loved them and killed 10 to 20 deer then they have a problem when a big buck walks out and they don't get the penetration needed. I'm all about cutting surface (Not Diameter) on my broad heads. Slick Trick Mags have 2.5 inches of cutting surface and Rage has close to the same so with the similarities I stick to the fixed head.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone for the input!!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by earlly
Is the slipcam rage 2 blade 100gr. a good choice for deer? I`m shotting a mathews bow with 62lb draw weight. Would appreciate some input.
It's what I use and I have absolutely no complaints. It is just a matter of personal preference, don't let people sway you one way or the other in saying mechanicals are nothing compared to fixed blades and vice versa. In my opinion both are great, I still use both, but my first choice for deer is rage everytime. That is until now! I've just been sponsored by a hunting company and will be using their broadheads which are very similar to rage.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just stick to Muzzy and you'll never have a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.