Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BEND AT WAIST   WHAT ?????? >

BEND AT WAIST WHAT ??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BEND AT WAIST WHAT ??????

Old 09-22-2003, 09:22 PM

Default BEND AT WAIST WHAT ??????

IF I' M STANDING UP IN MY SUMMIT ABOUT TO SHOOT MY DEER.I NEED TO HUNKER DOWN JUST A TAD. MORE HELP UNDERSTANDING A LITTLE BIT HERE.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BEND AT WAIST WHAT ??????

When you come to full draw, your upper body should be as square as you can get it to the target.........if your torso remains upright then you are only dropping your arm.
You need to get your upper body in as close of a position as you can to what you would be shooting if you were level.
Don' t just stand straight up and down and lower your arm and sight to the target.

Sometimes a simple fear of heights will prevent a hunter from bending at the waist becasue it takes your body out closer or over the edge of your stand' s platform.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BEND AT WAIST WHAT ??????

Like Matt said, you bend at the waist...

Do this experiment, in your house...go get your bow, come to a full draw....with your arm straight out in front of you at full draw, twist left, twist right without moving your arm that' s squared to your body, now bend at the waist allowing for a pretend downward shot, bend back like you might shoot up without raising or lowing your arm....that should never happen...the form you have while standing on level ground should be the same, from the waist up at all times shooting up or shooting down....

The form you have while at full draw on level ground, from the waist up should never change when shooting down or shooting up.